Gitelink

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
GRL

Gitelink

Post by GRL »

I know there are several posts about Gitelink over the years so I was wondering if anyone still advertised with them and whether they still sent traffic to your website (and bookings although I know that is harder to pin down with a site like this). There are only a few properties listed in my region and as others have said before me the site is pretty horrible- looking.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I do, and yes, it looks horrible, but they are bringing in 16% of my websute traffic, around the same as pour-les-vacances.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

They are top on our referrals on Google Analytics. Cant comment on bookings or enquiries generated.
What would Plato do ?
Mas Nialgue

Post by Mas Nialgue »

They drive a fair bit of traffic my way, so for the minimal cost I treat it as worthwhile, although as has been said it is almost impossible to tell whether any of this results in bookings.
Le Manoir

Post by Le Manoir »

We are receiving traffic from Gitelink but a 50% bounce rate too.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I signed up to Gitelink after seeing this thread. So about 3 weeks ago. Its showing up in my analytics as my top referrer with only a 29% bounce rate, several visiting quite a few pages and spending a reasonable amount of time on the site - no enquiries or bookings though.

One thing that I did notice: It may be coincidence but at exactly the same date that the gitelink link went live and I started getting website hits from there, I also started getting hits from rank-checker.online, maybe up to 30 each day, with a 97% bounce rate. I'm assuming that this is just some 'bot', but did anyone else get this too, and if so did it stop after a while? Do I need to be worried about it?