MediaHols/Vacances

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
GRL

MediaHols/Vacances

Post by GRL »

Tavi and gitemontjoly both recommended MediaHols/Vacances to me in another thread.

Does anyone else use them? I assume if you advertise on one, your ad appears on the other.

I do have one gripe with the site that I can see. If I put Basse-Normandie and 4 people in the search it brings up all sites in Normandy for 4 people but if I then put in the filter gite or countryside it beings up all those for all sizes of property. It does seem to have a bias towards seaside properties.

All other comments welcome :)
AndrewH

Re: MediaHols/Vacances

Post by AndrewH »

Rosie wrote:It does seem to have a bias towards seaside properties. All other comments welcome :)
I have recently listed with them, but I am not expecting much from them in the way of bookings. They do seem to go on about beaches and have a thing about the seaside. We are near the sea with some nice beaches, but it's not our USP.

I have noticed one our two technical failures too. A particular one is the way they fit your 4x3 photograph into a space that is too wide for it. They do this by stretching the image horizontally. The result is that your dining table looks so squat that to sit at it you would do best to sit on a cushion on the floor.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Hi Rosie,

Yes if you filter to countryside it defaults back to all properties in the countryside, so you have to put the number of bedrooms/sleeps in again. I noticed VRBO does that too when I was messing about on there the other day.

Yes, our ads seem to appear on:
MediaVacances.com
MediaFerias.com
MediaVacanze.com
MediaVacaciones.com
MediaVacationRentals.com
MediaFerienPortal.com
MediaVakanties.com
MediaHols.com

Andrew, my photos are all random sizes - not very uniform but don't appear distorted.

my number is 73505 on the Mediahols site if you want to look. I don't spend much time tweaking it but think I will if Ownersdirect continues down the road that HA is taking it.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

tavi wrote: Andrew, my photos are all random sizes - not very uniform but don't appear distorted.

my number is 73505 on the Mediahols site if you want to look. I don't spend much time tweaking it but think I will if Ownersdirect continues down the road that HA is taking it.
Unless I have got it all wrong, Tavi, (which is quite possible), there appears to be no search facility on the MediaHols site to type in a property number, and then click on "search", whereupon the requested result appears, you just get "Destination unknown".

PS. Mine is the only property on Kefalonia, so no problem with search position, location, etc. What I like is when they say (in so many words) that "if you don't like this property (mine) than try that one (also my property)"!
tavi

Post by tavi »

Andrew - go to advanced search - you search via number down at the bottom of that page.....(only just discovered that myself :) )
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

tavi wrote:Andrew - go to advanced search - you search via number down at the bottom of that page.....(only just discovered that myself :) )
Thanks, Tavi. It worked. Very charming apartment and surroundings, plus not so far from Faro airport. Only your bathroom picture looks "stretched" so it's a bit of a mystery, but not one to lose sleep over.