Siret numbers and advertising

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Emmy

Siret numbers and advertising

Post by Emmy »

Hello... We're new to all this and have prioritised getting at least the bedrooms of our gite updated and decorated ready to advertise ASAP... So, we've not yet had time to register and get a Siret number, which we are planning to do as soon as we've taken photographs of the new rooms and got onto some listing websites. It's just occurred to me though - will we be able to advertise with Chez Nous etc without a Siret number? I've had a look on here about Siret numbers but can't find any reference to needing one before advertising, but a friend has suggested this might be the case. I'd really appreciate some clarification!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

You don't need a Siret number to advertise anywhere - nor in fact even to operate as a gîte, unless it's your sole or main source of income and you're registering with the RCS.

I don't and have never had a Siret number as my income from letting (first chambres d'hôtes and now gîte) has always been ancilliary income. No listing site has ever asked for it.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

+1 for FC's response.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
JaneS

Post by JaneS »

I had to supply mine to Holiday France Direct when I listed with them, probably due to the fact that their parent company is Brittany Ferries and a French company.
JaneS
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

No French site I've listed with has ever asked, Jane, or even had a space put add it!
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

I think I may have seen occasions where it has been an option in place of your VAT number, if you're VAT registered. But I'm not sure.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Emmy

Phew!

Post by Emmy »

Thanks so much for the reassurance and info.... We can happily (?!) continue with the decorating and DIY almost 24/7 and then register, just as originally planned. I hope once we're up and running I'll know so much more about it all and can then be as kind and encouraging as other LMH members have been to me - I'm conscious it's a bit one-sided at the moment, but am sincerely grateful.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Good luck with it all. Don't forget to have some 'you' time. :)
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Fleur

Siret

Post by Fleur »

I've sent you a couple of private messages. Apologies for poor typing, predictive text took over. :roll:
Fleur