Music license

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Well FC, i think you're the one who needs "hats off", or possibly men in white coats with a nice snug jacket for you! Making all that stuff from scratch every day? That's either serious dedication or an abundant sense of hospitalty.

Thank the lord I went the self-catering route.

Mols :wink:
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

The latter, I think, Mols. They're letting me out on weekend passes now :wink:.

On another but related note, does anyone here know what happened to Normandie? She's not been seen or heard of on LMH for months, and no reply to the PM I sent her :cry: .
JaneS

Post by JaneS »

FC I was thinking the same about Normandie a few days ago too.
JaneS
Le Manoir

Post by Le Manoir »

With regard to the music licence and Sacem. They sent us a bill which we paid the first time, something in the region of 170€. They sent a bill the second year for nearly double the amount. We questioned it and told them that it was not fair etc. etc. They eventually sent us credit notes that cancelled the bills! Job done. Not heard from them since. BUT
We then had a visit from someone about TV licences. This has cost us 1,500€ which included 600€ late payment (for the 2014), we tried to get them to reconsider the late payment fee. No response. We have decided not to follow up on this because they might then decide to charge us for the other 3 years that we haven't paid for - bearing in mind that we didn't know that this existed in the first place.
If we paid both Sacem and the TV licence, we would be paying twice for the same thing.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

SACEM and the TV licence aren't quite the same thing : SACEM passes your hard-earned dosh on to artists (broadcasting / performance rights fees) while the TV licence is a straightforward money-grabbing tax. :)
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.