Red wine on sea grass matting

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
ellerhow

Red wine on sea grass matting

Post by ellerhow »

Has anyone any tips on how to get a red wine stain out of the brand new sea grass matting? It is fairly resilient stuff. It looks as if it has been mopped up but still has that reddish/grey tinge.
Thanks
joddle

Post by joddle »

Once it has dried its more difficult - salt works well on new spills
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh Crikey :shock: Have you tried vanish? I do know the longer it's there the hard it is to shift.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
ellerhow

Post by ellerhow »

Thanks for the prompt replies. The sea grass is so new that it still has a saltiness in it ( hopefully this will have helped to repell some of the stain).
We are on with the Vanish now!
What has made us more cross is the fact that they had hidden the spill with the footstool! :(
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Ooooo! That would have got to me too! Hope you could deduct from the DD for your time.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
ellerhow

Post by ellerhow »

We'll wait and see if it shifts! We wondered if it was a member of the party who left early as the person who booked did apologise for the water mark on the coffee table and she could have hidden that too!
We will let you know if it fades.
Orsonthecat

Post by Orsonthecat »

We have Seagrass at home. I love it. But my OH spilled a glass of red wine on it and despite our best efforts it never came out, so was an insurance claim.

Seagrass can't be cleaned by usual carpet cleaning or steaming machines. Thankfully we save the unstained part of it and were able to use it in the 2nd bedroom of our holiday cottage where hopefully no-one will be drinking red wine...
So much to learn....so little time!