Quarterly tax returns on rental income question!?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
amber

Quarterly tax returns on rental income question!?

Post by amber »

Hi, does anyone else have experience of completing tax returns in spain each quarter for rental income, I have been quoted 245 euros per quarter!! for completing these, does that sound about right? sounds extremely expensive to me.

They also said about paying IBI and Rubbish ???! Anyone know what these are and how much they are?

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Amber,

Visit a number of Gestors and get another price for submitting tax returns. Spanish Gestors are generally cheaper than British run finance/tax businesses.

IBI is the rates tax and each area have their own system of collection and means of computation, usually depends on the catastral value of your property. Our local council used to issue a combined rates and tax bill for payment in Sept/Oct. Now they collect a separate rubbish bill in March/April - just another way of increasing the taxes!

Maria
amber

Post by amber »

thanks maria, can anyone recommend any Spainish Gestors!!?
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Amber,

As I am living in Northern Costa Blanca, I don´t think my recommendations would probably be suitable for you. Why not check in Yellow Pages/local magazines for names and telephone numbers. Or check with some neighbours or if you use a gardener/pool cleaner - they might be able to make a recommdation. I would think that most self employed Spanish workers use a Gestor to pay taxes on their behalf.

Maria
mario

Post by mario »

Hi Amber,somebody recomended this lady to me and I trust him,see below but its a little south of you in Estepona.

Tina Sellmer
Apartado de Correos No.121
E-29680 Estepona (Malaga)
Spain.

Phone: +34 952 92 30 06

e-mail: tina.sellmer@terra.es

She's a goodun.

regards
cc

Post by cc »

We use Afimar in Fuengirola but they are accountants. First year in business and so first year with them but they seem good and are bi-lingual which is useful until our Spanish is good enough.
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

This is very easy to do yourself.

Get someone to do it first time. Then you realise its only a question of filling in about 6 boxes!!!!

Then download the forms from the hacienda internet site, complete and print them and post to your bank every quarter, with labels and special envelopes with instructions to pay from your account (agree this with your bank when you are next out there).

You will need special envelopes and barcode sticky labels which you get from your local tax office (take your orginal NIE documents with you). I just looked up the words in a dictionary, went to the office and came out 5 minutes later with plenty of envelopes and sticky labels.

Other friends i know don't like the "hassle" so now i've got a nice little earner filling them in for others for £30 a quarter :lol:

Cheers

Tudor
www.frigiliana-apartment
Sometimes i sits and thinks - and sometimes i just sits...
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking...Could you tell me please, what's involved in terms of costs and paper work? Or if asking that is a bit like asking you to write a book, maybe you could point me in the right direction? My Spanish isn't up to anything fancy though!

Thanks,
Marina (kayley)
Last edited by Bellywobble on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

Marina

Every quarter you have to complete a tax return form 215. If the apartment is owned jointly each person has to complete the form and pay tax.

Each person has a unique bar code on a sticky label and this has to be affixed to the form, the form has to be taken with a special envelope to a bank where payment is made, a receipt is given.

As a first time payer you should ask around for the lowest cost provider.

Once they have got your labels and envelopes you will see how easy it is to fill in.

So, after the first time cancel them.

Obtain the sticky labels and envelopes form the tax office as i have described above.

Go to your bank and tell them that every quarter you will be sending them a return and that you wish them to debit your account and pay the bill.

Go to the Spanish tax office website. Complete the forms online. All rent has to be declared and you are unable to deduct any costs or mortgage interest. The tax due is 25% of this rent.

affix the sticky labels to the 215 forms, attach the special envelope, send all this to your bank with a letter of instruction and thats it.

The whole process takes less than 30 minutes every quarter.

You also have to complete an annual wealth tax form and another form which charges you a notional tax because they assume you don't pay it even if you do :shock:
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

Here's the link to the actual form. It may appear daunting - it's not!

http://www.aeat.es/AEAT/Contenidos_Comu ... od215e.pdf

Cheers

Tudor
www.frigiliana-apartment.com

PS the other forms are 210 - own use rent, complete annually
and 714 - wealth tax complete annually, in June.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Many thanks.