Fireworks any thoughts

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Bassman

Fireworks any thoughts

Post by Bassman »

We have a wedding reception here at the end of May and the bride has asked if they could have a small firework display in the evening. This will be done by themselves so just the type of fireworks you can by over the counter im guessing. We dont really have a problem with this and im sure the kids will enjoy watching if it goes ahead. On Monday i will speak to our insurance to get their perspective on it, meanwhile just wondering if anyone out there has any thoughts; do or dont?
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Any neighbours to consult?
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

The nearest is 1km away, if i get the okay from the insurance i will probably let them go ahead though i think i should inform the pompiers.
Pamski

Post by Pamski »

As long as they are just small fireworks. Make sure that they aren't letting off any of those Chinese lantern things which cause issues with animals when they come down apparently.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Perhaps it would be wise to get the o.k. from the Mairie as well.
Fleur
rammy100

Post by rammy100 »

I would think about checking the size of the fireworks as you can buy some pretty big ones these days.

I have been to fireworks parties where we all bought 1 big firework rather than, say, a box of 20. We had some that brought the bulbs up out of the soil and others that set off all the car alarms. Great fun but beware!
Here we go again........
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

rammy100 wrote:I would think about checking the size of the fireworks as you can buy some pretty big ones these days.

I have been to fireworks parties where we all bought 1 big firework rather than, say, a box of 20. We had some that brought the bulbs up out of the soil and others that set off all the car alarms. Great fun but beware!
They can set them off between the gites and phone line its about 40mtrs either way. They are a nice couple and unassuming and have always asked what is possible so i hope we can say yes after speaking to our insurance. They are marrying in our village as we did nearly 30 years ago so i hope it all goes to plan. And i was thinking of moving the bulbs to a sunnier spot so it will save me having to dig them up! (':D')