Coffee maker

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Sorry, but Nespresso does nothing for me!
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Jemima Copping wrote:Sorry, but Nespresso does nothing for me!
They give me a headache. Give me a filter coffee machine or a mocha pot and I'm happy. Although if your clients are mainly British they probably haven't got a clue how to use either.
Ele

Post by Ele »

Sorry, but Nespresso does nothing for me!
Totally agree Jemima - as mentioned I'm a tea drinker, and any type of coffee (Nespresso or otherwise) does nothing for me personally!

But you asked for suggestions - and as we're in the business of hospitality, we should (in my view) make our decisions based on what our target guests of all nationalities, age groups etc expect. It may not be to our personal taste, but a Nespresso is what our guests told us they have at home and would value in our villa.

Our guests are mostly International, very few UK guests so your market is very different - perhaps you could ask your guests for feedback before making your decision?
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

That's a thought! From the coffee you get served in most places in this country, you can see that nobody has a clue about good coffee here.
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

At home we have a Krupps bean to espresso machine.
Our guests have the use of either a 60s Morphy Richards percolator, that does make the plop plop noise, cafetière or Italian hob top.
I find most seem to use the Nescafé instant rather than proper coffee.
If you can keep your head when all around you are panicking.......you have probably not seen the whole picture.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I wish that guests wouldn't use the filter coffee machines if they don't know how to, or at least ask. UK guests are clueless, they often put coffee in the water container part of the machine which is then a PITA to clean.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

la vache! wrote:I wish that guests wouldn't use the filter coffee machines if they don't know how to, or at least ask. UK guests are clueless, they often put coffee in the water container part of the machine which is then a PITA to clean.
Yikes! There are clearly depths of imbecility that I had never even considered. You wouldn't trust them with an expresso machine, would you - ever!

Mind you, my visiting mother in law once helpfully put an Italian two-piece pot on the hob whilst the old coffee was still in the top and the bottom was empty. I got to it just before it exploded.

Mols :roll:
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Seriously? I've had one since I was 21. I can't believe anyone wouldn't know where to put the coffee.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

HelenB wrote:Seriously? I've had one since I was 21. I can't believe anyone wouldn't know where to put the coffee.
Or they don't put the filter paper in. It happens. Maybe I should stop putting a complimentary packet of coffee in and then they wouldn't be tempted to try!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LV, the first machine I had used a permanent filter, now I just use paper ones, much less messy. I've stopped leaving coffee as M used to forget to buy more when my supply ran out. There's always quite a bit in the jar when we go which at least keeps me in morning coffee till I do the shop.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

These are all reasons why pods are so popular now. Environmentally dreadful of course, but fairly idiot-proof.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Casscat wrote:These are all reasons why pods are so popular now. Environmentally dreadful of course, but fairly idiot-proof.
It was an idiot who lost the part to catch my used pods rendering the machine useless.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

After 14 years of renting I'm now convinced that nothing is idiot proof 100%. Just when you think you have everything covered there is something else that bites you on the ...
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

kevsboredagain wrote:
Casscat wrote:These are all reasons why pods are so popular now. Environmentally dreadful of course, but fairly idiot-proof.
It was an idiot who lost the part to catch my used pods rendering the machine useless.
I did say 'fairly' - there is always an idiot who elevates idiocy to an art form :D
Annew

Post by Annew »

We provide a filter jug, a mocha pot, a french press and a lavazza pod machine in our cottages & a supply of ground coffee and a small supply of lavazza pods. Guests seem to love the choice.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!