Serving food for events - what kind of registration?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.

Post by Guest »

Hello,

we have 2 gites and we are registered allowed to serve for table d'hotes.

However we are thinking about small events like birthday parties, lunch for companies and small weddings.

Does anyone know what kind of registration needed for this? We hope we dont have to register as a small restaurant due to all the requirements and taxes....

Elisa
louloup

Post by louloup »

You would become a traiteur and would need to meet all the requirements. I did a quick search and it seems some qualifications are necessary.

I know from communal meals that a our association has organised, that the rules are strict. We wanted to provide a simple meal in the local 'salle polyvalente' but the rules prohibited us from making any of the food ourselves and had to use a 'traiteur'.

Table D'hôtes is very limited and the hotel lobby works hard to keep it that way.
louloup

Post by louloup »

Just had another search because it seems complicated! and there are lots of arguments about it online.

I think I was wrong about the traiteur part, as you would be providing the food and the venue, so you would be a restaurant.

I found this

http://www.ouvrir-chambres-hotes-leblog ... urant.html

It might be worth contacting your local veterinary services, they do the hygiene training courses and can tell you if your kitchen would meet the norms etc.

Good luck with it!

Post by Guest »

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I understand that we have to talk about the requirements for this.

I have done the hygiene course, and we have the registration for serving in the table d'hotes.

Yes the solution we have now is very limited.

Again, thank you!

Elisa