Credit card payment

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Have a look at Stripe - they maybe able to help.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Why is the guest so adamant that they want to pay by CC? For the fraud protection? I don't think they'd get that with PayPal, only via their own card issuer. Maybe the best option is indeed to direct them to the online payments option with one of the listing sites. I've only had one guest insist on this, but if it made them happy then so be it. I did receive their deposit within a few days, and I believe that their balance payment will also be forwarded to me shortly after they've paid it and not after they've actually moved in to my place. The commission for online payments with OD is not too painful, unless there have been changes I am unaware of.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Casscat wrote:Why is the guest so adamant that they want to pay by CC?.
Which? newsletter that arrived today includes the following consumer advice on
"How to avoid Holiday Scam":
Which? Magazine wrote:[Where] The only payment option is a bank transfer. This should also set alarm bells ringing. Not only does this show no bank is prepared to provide credit card facilities but, if you’re dealing with a scammer, it will be almost impossible to get your money back.
Read more: http://www.which.co.uk/news/2016/05/thr ... 16-442265/ - Which?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Yes, that's why I mentioned fraud protection. However PayPal does not provide the same guarantees as the card issuer does for direct payments.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

and yet the French don't trust PP or credit cards, and want to pay with transfers.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Casscat wrote:Why is the guest so adamant that they want to pay by CC? For the fraud protection? I don't think they'd get that with PayPal, only via their own card issuer. Maybe the best option is indeed to direct them to the online payments option with one of the listing sites. I've only had one guest insist on this, but if it made them happy then so be it. I did receive their deposit within a few days, and I believe that their balance payment will also be forwarded to me shortly after they've paid it and not after they've actually moved in to my place. The commission for online payments with OD is not too painful, unless there have been changes I am unaware of.
The guest isn't adamant, and in fact hasn't yet given his reason why he prefers to pay by cc.
As it is....it has all come to nothing as they can't get a petsitter even though they have found flights etc.

For the future it seems Stripe might be the way forward. We spoke to World Pay who our bank recommended and they didn't seem bothered by the no uk address issue. But they charge around £180 a year and the 1.4% per transaction.

I have to say that Procuro have been fab. I've been in deep discussions with someone called Richard who has suggested Stripe (apologies Essar I have just seen that you too suggested that).
They are an associate company of Procuro and Richard has suggested that as I stay at my Mums address when in the UK that I use that as my domestic address in the application. He believes they will accept that.
So....I may well be able to achieve the uk cc to uk bank transfer I need. If e can do it it just keeps it so simple.

Once accepted by Stripe I can then activate the vacapay facility of the Procuro system and Richard is quite prepared to liaise with PMP to get it on the website.

Anyway....stay tuned!

Mousie (who still has an August week to sell :roll: )
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Essar

Post by Essar »

Mouse do you use Wufoo forms? - I seem to think you do for some reason - anyway they support Stripe as well as PayPal & Google Checkout. The payment option subscription is £199 per annum.
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

It's worth noting that Stripe requires to run on a secure page, whereas Paypal doesn't. This might affect it's use on PMP, although I guess you could host it elsewhere and insert as an iframe.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Essar wrote:Mouse do you use Wufoo forms? - I seem to think you do for some reason - anyway they support Stripe as well as PayPal & Google Checkout. The payment option subscription is £199 per annum.
I don't Essar. That's a new one for me so will take a look.

Kev....its all a mystery to me but Richard at Procuro said he would liaise with PMP if I decided to go down that route and find a way forward. I can't praise his support enough and I'm not even a client yet!

Gosh...this is all a real learning curve!

Mousie (grateful for all the advice from you guys)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Essar wrote: The payment option subscription is £199 per annum.
:shock: Gives me an :idea:
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

kevsboredagain wrote:
Yes, go for it, but not at that price!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

AndrewH wrote:
kevsboredagain wrote:
Yes, go for it, but not at that price!
The cost has inspired the idea. The design of a form is a one off cost and hosting a few payment pages shouldn't cost several times the cost of hosting a complete website.
Last edited by kevsboredagain on Sun May 22, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Essar

Post by Essar »

The annual subscription includes the form layout and design features, as well as the functionality to add payments through the form. You are able to pre-fill the form with the payment amounts and then either host it on a web page (Javascript, iFrame or WordPress) or embed a link in an email or on FaceBook or Twatter. All Wufoo forms are secure (https).

The annual plan is called the "Bona fide" and gives you unlimited fields in a form, unlimited forms, 5-user access and a lot more too. I have used forms with both PayPal and Stripe payments and they work fine. You can only have one payment gateway on a given form.

I no longer use Wufoo forms for payments as I have CC processing through FreeToBook FabPay (WorldPay really).

Here's an example of a Wufoo form we use on LMH - See here.
VillaAntonioLanzarote

have you tried ......

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi
We accept payment by Paypal but also now accept credit ( and debit cards ) cards including Amex via Wave Apps
https://www.waveapps.com/payments/
The commission is less than PayPal and is easy to set up ( as easy as it can be ?)
Worth a look maybe

Larry
www.villaantonio.co.uk
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Interestingly, Wave Apps is powered by Stripe.