Visit France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
GRL

Visit France

Post by GRL »

OK French advertisers - who has an ad with Visit France (£60 a year) and does in generate any bookings?
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Went on a few months ago with their "free" offer but not a sniff of an enquiry. Years ago they used to bring in loads of enquiries but they seemed to fall apart. Thought I would try again as free but if they are not seen on 1st or 2nd page of google, waste of time.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

85% of our booking for 2016 have come from Visit France.
0% from Owners Direct for 2016 so we have ditched them.
The rest of the bookings for 2016 have been repeats or direct from our website. We are fully booked for the summer season.

We have renewed again with Visit France 2016 to 2017, and for me it's a pleasure to update the text etc, and to manage the calendar is a breeze on their website.

Anyway speaking personally it's good for us, hope that helps Rosie.
GRL

Post by GRL »

Thanks Sandra - can I ask where you are and have you got a link to your advert on Visit France?
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

I have just pm'd you.😀
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've just had a quick look at this, as it sounded like a good shout for the money, but it appears I have already started an ad on there in the past. However, they aren't wanting £60 inc VAT off me, but something more like £90
GRL

Post by GRL »

HelenB wrote:I've just had a quick look at this, as it sounded like a good shout for the money, but it appears I have already started an ad on there in the past. However, they aren't wanting £60 inc VAT off me, but something more like £90
£60 for a basis advert
£90 to include your website
14 months for the price of 12 for new advertisers.

http://www.visitfrance.co.uk/contact.cfm
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I had a look again, as I had the site bookmarked.

I'm already on there - must have signed up as a free listing.

Not had anything via them though and I'd forgotten about them.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I've just had a look but the vast majority of the listings for Midi-Pyrénées are what they call affiliate listings - click the book/enquire link and you go straight to booking dot com. This in spite of what they say about being a 'direct contact' site.

I haven't checked for other areas but if anyone's thinking of signing up you might want to check out the other listings in your area first.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

There is something in the sign-up page about affiliate listings which says they will disappear as more direct listings come on board.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Rosie wrote:
HelenB wrote:I've just had a quick look at this, as it sounded like a good shout for the money, but it appears I have already started an ad on there in the past. However, they aren't wanting £60 inc VAT off me, but something more like £90
£60 for a basis advert
£90 to include your website
14 months for the price of 12 for new advertisers.

http://www.visitfrance.co.uk/contact.cfm
Thanks, I must have originally signed up for a listing with a web link. but I am only being offered 13 for 12. I might give them a call on admin day (Friday)
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

The chap that runs and owns it is hands on and very knowledgable.
Very approachable therefore certainly worth speaking with directly.
Good Luck.