Gite available late in September - Perpignan/Montpellier?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Jimbo

Gite available late in September - Perpignan/Montpellier?

Post by Jimbo »

Hi All

Diana and I are planning another holiday in late September. Staying in Carcassonne, possibly 18/19th and then heading for the coast between Perpignan to Montpellier.

Before I get stuck into the grim business of booking hotels, I wondered if anybody still has availability in a cosy gite for two people? Our holiday dates are not yet set in stone. Usual things - near the coast, nice little town/village closeby and good places to eat. Promise not to trash your place or set up a cannabis farm - and we'll give a fabulous review!

If you can help, please PM me - a website link would be ideal for starters. If anybody has any general information of interest to visitors about this region, I would be most happy to receive it.

Many thanks
Jim
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Following this with interest as we are thinking of something similar for Sept 2017. I've just been looking online
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Jim, you're coming in the wrong year! We'll be up and running in the Pyrénées-Orientales next year - cosy Catalan village cottage for two or four (two bed/two bath/terrace/garden:overlooking the Albères and Canigou). Shop, bar and restaurants within 3 minute walk. 15 minutes from Collioure, 15 minutes from Ceret and 15 minutes from Spain.

I'm working on website as I speak :wink:

End of advertorial.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Jimbo & Helen I've sent you both a pm.
Our villa is near Perpignan and the coast in a village in the Alberes hills a short walk from restaurants etc. (actually not that far from French Cricket's house in the Alberes).
Any LMHers very welcome :D
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Dotty wrote:Jimbo & Helen I've sent you both a pm.
Our villa is near Perpignan and the coast in a village in the Alberes hills a short walk from restaurants etc. (actually not that far from French Cricket's house in the Alberes).
Any LMHers very welcome :D
Dotty, many thanks. Will view your property with great interest!
Jim
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

French Cricket wrote:Jim, you're coming in the wrong year! We'll be up and running in the Pyrénées-Orientales next year - cosy Catalan village cottage for two or four (two bed/two bath/terrace/garden:overlooking the Albères and Canigou). Shop, bar and restaurants within 3 minute walk. 15 minutes from Collioure, 15 minutes from Ceret and 15 minutes from Spain.

I'm working on website as I speak :wink:

End of advertorial.
Time and tide FC, wait for no cricket ... :(
Jim
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Chirrup :wink:
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Pity it is not early September. Just had a cancellation in our Port Leucate beach appartment (between Narbonne and Perpignan) 2 weeks between 28 August and 11 September.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

oasiscouple wrote:Pity it is not early September. Just had a cancellation in our Port Leucate beach appartment (between Narbonne and Perpignan) 2 weeks between 28 August and 11 September.
Yes, shame indeed but too early for us, I'm afraid!
Jim
Circé

Post by Circé »

We have stayed here twice, and are going back in October:
https://www.gites-de-france.com/locatio ... ain-34G101.
ORIGIN

GITE TO RENT

Post by ORIGIN »

Hi - our upstairs two bed flat in Collioure is free - see link on origincare.com

Hope it helps

Peter