Does anyone here do link exchanges?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
marcus

Does anyone here do link exchanges?

Post by marcus »

If anyone here does link exchanges especially three-way link exchanges please let me know - by PM preferably.

I am looking for links only from pages of at least PR2 and with less than 15 external links on the page, to help get a new site (a general directory, not a travel site) off the ground.

You will get a link back from a PR2 page on a travel site.

Three way links are best because search engines can sometimes recognise (and discount) reciprocal links - so I will link to your site and you will link back to this third site to avoid this problem.

Please also ask if you don't understand the importance of links. Broadly, without them your site exists in a vacuum and will not be rated well (if at all) by google and the other search engines.
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Hi am happy to help my links page has a PR of 3 let me know what I need to do.
Always Learning
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

Interestingly, there are organisations who trade links e.g. :

http://www.linkworth.com
http://www.textlinkbrokers.com

If you have page rank 4+, people will pay for links.

I'm happy to exchange links with sites that are relevant. Doesn't seem to have prejudiced my google positioning :

I have a few paid text links, but the rest are simple exchange or directories, etc.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
marcus

Post by marcus »

The site I am trying to get links for is at * - so I am looking to give links from *, on the resources pages (PR2 very few other links), to france or travel related sites, in return for good links to that bigtangle site, with anchor text 'free directory' or similar.

I think there is a tendency to overlook that site promotion is at least as important (and hard) as getting a website in the first place, and that link exchanges are a 'win-win' situation.

* is usually on page 1 for the phrase 'visit france' (not top yet, but I'm working on it, and the site is only quite new!)

Otherwise I am happy to do straight reciprocal exchanges from francethisway to travel/france sites.

Please both let me know which if either you would like to do, and anyone else as well of course.

And thanks to people who have PM'd me also.

Final note, anyone not interested in any of the above can still submit their sites to the directories for completely free inward links.
Last edited by marcus on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

It is interesting that you can sell links if you have a 4+ google rating, I didn't know this! Thanks Peter.
petehols

Post by petehols »

Hi Marcus

I would personally advise against the triangualr linking strategy Google is catchig onto this sort of link building and is frowning on it drastically as they see it as a way of cheating the system. The best way is to get one way inbound links from high quality sites.

Just my 2 cents worth anyway.

Pete
for worldwide holidays try www.lastminutevillaholiday.co.uk
marcus

Post by marcus »

petehols,

what do you base that idea on? I know the idea gets mooted from time to time on webmaster forums but I've never seen anything approaching evidence.

Since there is no connection between the one link and the other I believe it would be impossible to discredit this type of links.

For me it is a mix - I have reciprocal links, I have good one way links, and more general one way links (directories etc) and some three way links. All have their benefits although you are right, getting good one way links is best. Darn sight harder though, and not enough on its own.

I have serious doubts about whether a site could perform well in google for a competitive phrase without some kind of link exchange / link buying / directory submission program, unless it is a very old 'authority' site (which I think Susan's might be, but perhaps no one else here)

Of course i could be wrong...
Last edited by marcus on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
petehols

Post by petehols »

Hi Marcus

I can't give direct quotes as the forum that I am on is a private forum and this is coming directly from google that 3 way linking is frowned upon and they are working on a new algo to detect these sort of links. Obviously they will not be able to get all of them but to chance getting banned on google is not a good idea at all.

I disagree that you cannot get high listings on google with only one way links I will pm you proof as do not want to post anything here.

Petehols
for worldwide holidays try www.lastminutevillaholiday.co.uk