Am I a snob?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Welcome again Partridge, :D

We didnt mean you had anything hidden[its them others]

But the clever clogs on here usually smell a rat[talking of Rats whats mouse up to anybody heard from her?]

I just jump in and ask questions later[a bit bad cop, good cop, but halfway through cant remember which one I sposed to be so have to check with the goats]

Its a bit like animal farm in here,were all equal but some are more equal than others. :wink: :roll: :D

This Forum is a mine of info and they all offer it freely so ask away :idea:
enid

Post by enid »

Welcome from me too - how boring am I -I just use my own name. I may change to a little furry thing :D :wink:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

enid wrote:Welcome from me too - how boring am I -I just use my own name. I may change to a little furry thing :D :wink:
The mind boggles :shock:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

OOOh Partridge :D

Im going to like you[same wavelength] :wink:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

how boring am I -I just use my own name
Enid..me too! Wish I was something more interesting...like Badger or Skunk!

But how did a certain goat change her username on here?...Obviously got friends in higher places :wink: and I'm sure since then her avatar looked just a touchy bit snootier!? :lol: (G'day Jine!)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Enid is a lovely name[so is the photo]

So is Crystal especially if its your given one

The only other Crystal shot JR or was that Kristen.?

My proper name is Rosalyn[of Romper room fame[only in the Anglia tele Region]

Talking of names[here I go again] :roll:

We were all Rs in my family the oldest being Raymond next Richard then Roger then Rosalyn

When Mum had us she got to Roger and wanted an R & thought of Russell

She lived in London and was walking passed a playground and someone shouted[in a Broad London accent] RUSSELL she thought it sounded too much like arxxxxle and decided on
Roger, good job too .Hes in Australia now and would never make it as a Russell especially there!

I was a bit of an afterthought so I became Rosalyn[nearly Rosemary :oops:
[handy at the Local Swimming Pool as we all had 1 season ticket in the name of R Cubitt and used to chuck it over the wall for the next one :oops:
Wasnt very law abiding as our dad was a Policeman, but happy memories :lol: :lol:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Ros, that is a lovely story!

We did have a previous thread on names so you can find out how I became Susan and not Alana!!

viewtopic.php?t=1378
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yes, me too Ros. Loved the story of the shared season ticket - though it did mean you couldn't go as a family... did you all queue, and have to stick to an agreed time limit?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Nah!!!! :wink:

Went in the gate chucked it over the wall next one in[you get the picture] :wink:

I was the youngest of 4 and the only girl so I could have been a complete wimp but[youve guessed bossed em all about]

You had to retaliate first in our house :lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

How thtupid of me. :oops: Wasn't thinking. Great little system that!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

My proper name is Rosalyn[of Romper room fame[only in the Anglia tele Region]
Hey GG..have we got a native TV star in our midst??!!! Although probably from the title of the programme (I assume it was a childrens programme) :lol: :lol:

Well..Crystal is my real name and I hated it when I was at school...I wanted to be called (would you believe it) Jane! Only because when I was small (nothing's changed in that respect!) we were given 'Peter & Jane' books at school and I really liked the name!

Ros can you enlighten us further re. "Romper room fame" :lol:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Crystal

I noticed on another thread your reference to THE champagne. I actually have a bottle of it on my kitchen side as we speak, waiting for a special ocassion (sorry I know I've spelt that wrong).

I have never drank much champagne and when we were on our honeymoon cruise my husband got all excited when this lady started talking about champagne by the glass and that you could get cristal by the glass too. Always being a stickler for detail, we headed off to the champagne bar where my husband promptly ordered two glasses. At this point I said 'no, can we have one glass and another of something 'ordinary'. I wanted to sip one, then the other, so that I could see if it was worth the fuss, bearing in mind that to just drink the one I would be none the wiser. I have to say I was gobsmacked, my poor husband had to drink the other one but hey, at $27 a glass I was doing him a favour wasn't I :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well you did ask :wink:

Anglia Tele had a teatime programme called Romper Room.
and it was hosted by someone called Miss Rosalyn
She had the children in the group and they played games etc and the hilight was at the end she would say Romper Stomper Domper Do tell me Tell me Tell me Do
The tele would go fuzzy & she would pick up a mirror[secretly put it down & pick up a mirror with a hole in it and say who she could see[children with birthdays that day]
but she never said Rosalyn as that was her name!!! :cry:

Hopefully someone else in the universe or UK would do saw this and can verify that Im not a complete twit.
So as I never had a birthday verified by miss Rosaly & Anglia Television Im actually only 2 [that could explain a lot] :wink: :roll: :D
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Partridge...must admit..even though brewing the stuff, I've never had a drop past my lips...have my tasters do that...etiquette and things!! $27 a glass..you were robbed! :shock:

Ros Darling...OK..so you're stuck in a time warp...can I pretend to be "Rosalyn" from Romper Stomper Time and send you a B'day card (don't forget to pm me your b'day...and how many years I've missed!!) :roll:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks crystal :D

My date of birth is the same as my age & that will only work this year :?:
It was also the year of the floods in Norfolk[enough clues] :wink: :roll: :D