lost DVDs and other missing bits?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well :!:
if that doesnt get Mouse out of the woodwork[or that hole in the skirting she calls home nothing will] :wink:

A newcomer has mentioned a STAIN not any old normal stain but a greasy one on a cushion. :wink:

Comeon Mouse LetsbeAvenue. :D
A-two

Post by A-two »

I am a loo roll over the top girl myself, otherwise it can't be folded under to make a neat triangle point for new guest arrivals .... :roll:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Joanna....my Daughter helped me with a change-over last week and she folded the first sheet of loo paper in a neat triangular...never thought of that...and it looks good too!

Partridge...re. cushions on the beds...same as you, after one season gave up trying to keep them clean and ditched them for next season as it was too much hassle to keep them clean on every changeover!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Joanna wrote:Once you print up the sheets of labels, it takes about 10 seconds for each one! I use Avery white mailing labels, 80 to a sheet, 1/2" x 1-3/4". (normal return address label), that say "Name of House Library". I have a logo for the house, so they don't look bad and I would rather do this than lose them altogether. I stick one label on the face of the DVD disc itself and another one on the box cover. I haven't lost one DVD, but 2 extras left by mistake were easy to spot.
My recent experiences (basket and other stuff) tell me that unfortunately, not everyone removes items from a rental home in the honest belief they belong to them, and basically, that's all sticky labels do - confirm true ownership. They are so easy to peel off when the punter gets the items home.... oh for a marker pen that is truly immovable!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Gascony Goat wrote:.... oh for a marker pen that is truly immovable!
It probably wouldn't make any difference. If they don't feel guilty doing it in the first place they probably won't give it a second thought once they're home!

I am very fortunate in that in the 2 years we've been renting we haven't lost anything. Perhaps I've just been very lucky with my guests or maybe it's because by the time the arrive at the house, we've spoken and emailed quite a few times and got to know each other a little.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I agree with you LaLuz :D

Wouldnt bother them,probably boldly showing off where theyve been on Holiday like souveniers. :roll:

Just a thought have you a photo of said basket, in case we see it on E Bay or in a car boot.
Has it any distinguishing marks like a nibbled handle :oops:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

No Ros, I was always very restrained when I used it! And no pics.

La Luz, we have also had good contact with our guests by the time they arrive, although this year we have had a couple of groups who seemed to prefer to keep their distance, so maybe ... on the other hand, we have had the occasional repair going on there too. :?
enid

Post by enid »

otherwise it can't be folded under to make a neat triangle point for new guest arrivals
Joann - - what have you started now?! I'll be doing that after I've turned all the hangers the right way. :D
garlic

Post by garlic »

ooooh loo rolls...I leave two because I think one looks mean so one on the hanger, yes paper out and the other with a nifty little fold and tuck into the top which just looks soooo lovely...I suppose I should get out more :)
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

re folded lavvy roll - Who is going to be first to have a go at the swan folded bathtowels??
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

It'll have to be someone else - I don't have sufficient hoof dexterity for that!
A-two

Post by A-two »

soodyer wrote:re folded lavvy roll - Who is going to be first to have a go at the swan folded bathtowels??
I'll give it a try once, but who has instructions?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

You get a towel & fold it so it looks like a swan!!!!!! :wink:

White would probably be best :roll: :wink: :lol:
debk

Post by debk »

enid wrote:
otherwise it can't be folded under to make a neat triangle point for new guest arrivals
Joann - - what have you started now?! I'll be doing that after I've turned all the hangers the right way. :D
My husband does this when he preps the houses. (I can't quite get it right.) I can't wait to tell him he's keeping great company! :lol:
debk
sunny by nature

Post by sunny by nature »

Adam, who preps our house for us, leaves the towels arranged on the beds in the shape of sailing boats - which I thought was a lovely touch for a seaside property.
Kids weren't impressed though because on our one and only cruise the cabin staff had arranged their towels like monkeys hanging from the bed rail - I can't even begin to fathom how you can do that!

We also do the pointy loo roll thing, the pointy kitchen roll thing and the pointy roll of bin bags thing. And the hangers neat and pushed to one side lark, and chocolates on the bed, and the cutlery arranged neatly. Anally retentive?........... Us?.....Never! :)
it's life Jim but not as we know it