Charging for towels

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
KathyG

Charging for towels

Post by KathyG »

Hello All,

Towels again - sorry!!

We've just had an enquiry from Canada and they're requesting price for towels, we don't normally supply them but have been thinking about it for next season anyway so looks like we'll have to do it now. So what does everyone charge? I think eventually we'll just include all towels and linens and just put the price up but next year's prices are already advertised so don't think I can do it just yet!

Thanks,

Kathy
Vally

Post by Vally »

I must admit I would have thought towels were automatically provided within the price ... we do , It would seem an awful lot of extra luggage for folk to take especially if they were flying
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Kathy :D

Im the same as Vally thought all linens would be provided epecially with weight luggage restrictions ,
as for the prices already being advertised if you havent accepted too many bookings yet,
put them up and just allow the ones who have booked the old price.

I think you ought to look at your competitors what are they doing might make a differnce on getting a booking or not.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Same here, I don't know anyone who doesn't include all linen (even beach towels with some).

Just like to add (as it was mentioned somewhere) about soft towels. When I am at the apt and wash them myself they are nice and softish but when I check my laundry (you know, as you do, about a ZILLION times) I always get the hump because the ones that come back from the Spanish laundry and so much harder :evil:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

We had a thread on this subject not long ago, you may find some help here!
viewtopic.php?t=2395
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Thank you Susan, that's great. I was beginning to think I was the only one who would consider charging for towels! But it does look like most people include them though, our house sleeps 12 so that means I need 24 bath sheets, 24 hand towels and 24 flannels!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Your property is pretty big, you must have hundreds of them. It's all the endless washing/drying that worries me, it's bad enough with all the bedding!!

Kathy
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Kathy,
Yes, I have to have 48 bath sheets and 48 face towels (plus a few spare in case of 'stains' and a stock old towels for the swimming pool, although most people bring their own). It is storage that is also a problem, especially in winter, when they are not all in use! Luckily in Brittany there is a lot of wind, so drying is quicker (I'm afraid that I don't do mine in the tumble dryer, I'm too mean to pay for the electricity if it is a sunny day!)
The thing is, if you have to buy towels in the first place, you may as well up the price and include them to cover the expense of purchase in the first place.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

" our house sleeps 12 so that means I need 24 bath sheets, 24 hand towels and 24 flannels!!!!!!!!!!????????? "

You'll need more than that if you have a downstairs loo too ? I always put 2 in there, plus kitchen towels,plus I leave the towels in the bedrooms so each bathroom is left with at least one towel as well.Also in the main bedroom I leave 1 bathsheet,1 bathtowel and 2 handtowels plus flannels. Storage is a problem !!

www.thepetitmanoir.com
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I only provide bath sheets and face towels and 9 times out 10 the face towels aren't used. I think the bath towels are the most important, there is no need to go overboard on the others.
Of course we provide bath mats, hand towels, teacloths, dishcloths etc. but they don't take up a lot of space.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I've actually got 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 shower rooms and 4 toilets.............ouch!! Do I really want to do this? :shock:

Well it wouldn't actually be me, but the changeover people :D

Thank you for all your comments, I'll have a serious think!

Kathy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Kathy ,

if they do other changeovers they must be used to this as well :D

Susan, :cry: I dont do flannels,[not even clean,new ones]

Even at home ,nor do my girls.
[when the eldest one got married she banned his flannel from the house,
he said how do you wash then,with your hand she said[and sometimes with one of them scrunchy things you get with body wash]
Maybe thats why the marriage didnt last!!!!! :cry:

It goes back to my Mum boiling them on the stove every week and the smell & the... ooh everything...Im squirming now....You couldt pay me enough to clean other peoples flannels...Dont know why there worse than Towels. THEY just ARE :shock: :cry:

Dont get me started on Cotton hankerchiefs ,which suffered the same fate[not at the same time luckily] :evil:

It was actually a relief to go home sometimes and find something edible cooking on the stove.... :wink:

I know its just me :oops: and mine and Im sure you do a lovely flannel Susan ....but not near me.....please...... :wink: :cry:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I've introduced towels for the first time but have done it 'flipside' so to speak. I provide beach/pool towels and ask people to bring their own bath towels. I've done it this way round because I don't have to worry about getting 'strange' stains out of bath towels or have the problem of keeping them 'fluffy'. My pool towels are multi-coloured so sun tan oil/fake tan/mascara stains etc. can have a field day without showing up!

I couldn't even consider charging for them because of the competion in the holiday rental business down here.

I also provide bathroom handtowels and plenty of kitchen tea towels too.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

OK, it's easy for Joan and myself because we live "on-site". It must be difficult for those who don't.

On a weekly basis we supply complete sets of towels, from pool towels through to face cloths. We supply all bed linen.

We have 5 double/twin bedrooms so we are looking at 10 sets of everything in use at any one time. These are held in triplicate; one set in use, one set being laundered and one set in reserve. It all occupies a lot of storage space and it's quite an investment of money.

We take the view that our prices should be all-inclusive, with no extras. We take the view that our visitors don't want to cart towels, etc. back and forth across the world. We take the view that our visitors would rather fill up their car boots or use their airline luggage allowances with wine, etc. That's just us.

Fluffy
enid

Post by enid »

That's just us.
and us :D
Vally

Post by Vally »

and us, though with our 5 rooms I have to admit to having a lots more sets than that as the "one in use" "one used" "and one in the wash" never seems to work at busy times!!