Cancellation charges for advance bookings

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Marion

Cancellation charges for advance bookings

Post by Marion »

My normal cancellation conditions state that the 25% deposit if non refundable. However, I have a tentative booking for next May/June and have been asked the question 'How far in advance is the deposit refundable'. Normally my bookings typically come in within 3 month of arrival, it is only this year that I seem to be getting a lot of enquiries for next year.

How do others handle deposit refunds for bookings made well in advance? do you make any allowances for this?

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Marion
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

My deposit is non refundable too,however if I re-let at full price then I would actually return the original deposit, that person may well book again in the future, or recommend you to friends for being so reasonable, after all they must have been attracted to your property in the first place.

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

My deposit is non refundable too, however if I re-let at full price then I would actually return the original deposit,
Ditto that too.