How personal is too personal?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Phoenix71011

How personal is too personal?

Post by Phoenix71011 »

Hello again
I decided to start a new topic for this query...

Having been following the thread on blogs for the gite business and deciding that this is the route for me, I have a few questions about how personal a blog should go with regards to family stuff...particularly children. It was referred to in the blog discussion but I thought I would bring it up again!

So, I would really like to know if people have any advice on what to and what not to include in a blog. Any experiences, concerns, ways around the issue etc, etc.

It would be nice to be as relaxed and natural as possible on a blog but I would hate to put my children and family at risk!!

Thanks
Widget
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Widget,

I don’t have a blog and I don’t contribute to any either. Maybe I shouldn’t say anything but I will; only because you asked.

I would rather watch paint dry than listen to one more interminable story about other peoples’ children. It’s probably a case of “been there, done that�.

Do I still qualify for being called -

Fluffy?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I had some advice from (Joanna and Debk I think) when I had a go at doing one - which was not to put photos of your kids on it.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I know what you mean about the children Fluffy- they are obviously fascinating to their family but not so much to others ! I think the advice about not putting them online is good anyway as there are some very weird people out there and why risk it?
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Alan Knighting wrote:Widget,

I don’t have a blog and I don’t contribute to any either. Maybe I shouldn’t say anything but I will; only because you asked.

I would rather watch paint dry than listen to one more interminable story about other peoples’ children. It’s probably a case of “been there, done that�.

Do I still qualify for being called -

Fluffy?
The most used phrase I heard, when I worked at a central London bookshop, "What can you recommend for a ? year old, he's very advanced for his age"! Luckily, in my case, my son IS very advanced for his age! :oops: :roll:
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Running a Nursery/toddler group for 0----4 yr olds :roll:

Xmas is always busy ,
We get a gift for each child [about 90] having done it for 15 yrs I have a little idea of what to get or not and 99% of Mums/kids seem to be happy. :lol:

Recently weve had remarks about theyre children being advanced[there not] so not to get the 3-4 to as educationally there really 7-8[not again] :cry:

So one of my helpers thought shed try to sort it by going around and asking the Mums what age they would like theyre child to be at Xmas :oops: ?????

You had to be there really ,as all the mums were adding years onto the children to try & outdo each other :roll: bizarre.
I think i nearly said shall I get them driving lessons.
:roll:
Of course the Mums of the really advanced kids[socially as well as educationally said,dont worry theyll be happy with anything] :D and they were because they had a Mum who knew what was important. :wink:

I also do a calendar every year with a poem and a handprint of the child in paint with a poem....Here is my hand so tiny & small for you to hang upon the wall....for you to see as years go by how I do grow my hand & I....that sort of thing.

One year a Mum got another child she didnt know to do her handprint,so that hers wouldnt get paint on them,

Then took the calendar home to put on the wall,so all year she was looking at some other childs hand ...More Bizarre...

Ive even had Mums take other childrens Paintings and Drawings home[by mistake......] because theyre 'better 'than theyre childs efforts....Bizarre & Sad.
:roll: :cry: