Free online calenders/planners

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Phoenix71011

Free online calenders/planners

Post by Phoenix71011 »

Can anyone recommend a free online calender/planner to use on my site please?

I want to put in all the details of my childrens' achievements, as and when they happen....only kidding! :wink: (See thread on 'personal...too personal')

I'm not being lazy, but having trawled the net, I've come up with very little. It's not for availability/bookings but something else.

Thanks in advance
Widget
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Hi Widget
Google's calendar has had some good comments, but I haven't used it and it may still be in Beta:

http://tinyurl.com/nbdgt

Wouldn't mind hearing if it's any good.

Later: sorry, saw you wanted to put it on your site - no use for that....

Goat
Phoenix71011

Post by Phoenix71011 »

Thanks Goat
why would it be no good to put into a site?
cheers
Widget
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Well, if it's not for availability, give it a go. I think I will, looking at it again.

I wouldn't have thought it's physically on your site, but it gives the appearance to a visitor that it is.

I will investigate and report back - it's certainly got a load of features.

I've been trying to find a calendar which can show 4 properties' availability horizontally (our place is one chalet, which can be split into 3 apartments, so as far as the punter is concerned it could be 4 - as far as we're concerned, it would be so useful to have an instant glance at availability - rather than a web-based spreadsheet or a tatty bit of Filofax year planner which I carry around like a prayer mat).

I'm sure someone here has used it.

Goat
Phoenix71011

Post by Phoenix71011 »

Hi Goat
I've had a look at the Google calender and it looks fine for what I have in mind.

Have you looked at this site? http://www.rentcalendar.com/....it was featured on This French Life recently. It is really good but unsure if you could have 3/4 calenders on the same page. May be worth looking at though.

Phoenix
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks, Phoenix
Yes, I did look at Rentcalendar and tried it out. It can do the 4 properties, but not display simultaneously. I was also a bit unnerved by the lack of support and also how they were finally going to zap us for the cost. I think Portuguese was one of the languages and it would have been useful to direct our cleaner long distance for her duty days. Downside is she hasn't got internet access.

This display of 4 horizontally on Google would work fine - just what I need, but I can't see any way of adjusting the colours, which would make it clearer.

There's a lot of add-ons as well - such as e-mail for guests. I will persist with Google - thanks for getting me back on!

Goat
Phoenix71011

Post by Phoenix71011 »

Hello again
now you''ve made me nervous!
I thought rentcalender was free!? How did they 'zap' you for money?

Phoenix
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

No, it is free, but there must be some reason they're doing it. They're not flogging anything else, and there are no ads.

When everyone depends on it, they'll probably start charging?

Just my suspicious mind!

Goat
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It's been around quite a long time though.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

But why do they do it? I'm curious.

Goat
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Some of the others may know more. I found this site whne looking for a calendar for my property and was pointed there by someone. I did set it up initially and then went for my online booking one instead.
janskov

Post by janskov »

I have used rentcalendar.com for 2 years now.
Easy to use, fast loading and reliable - and free
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Paolo,

But if you are deleting posts around me, I would prefer to have all references removed, otherwise I might appear a bit stupid.
Last edited by Lesblancs on Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
debk

Post by debk »

I've been trying to find a calendar which can show 4 properties' availability horizontally (our place is one chalet, which can be split into 3 apartments, so as far as the punter is concerned it could be 4 - as far as we're concerned, it would be so useful to have an instant glance at availability - rather than a web-based spreadsheet or a tatty bit of Filofax year planner which I carry around like a prayer mat).
If I understand correctly, I am currently doing this on our website. Four calendars, side-by-side, to help people book multiple properties.

http://visitingportugal.com/last-minute ... rtugal.htm

These are the free rentors.org calendars, displayed via a link to Rentalbot, our rental management software. If you want more info, just let me know!
debk
A-two

Post by A-two »

MG,
There's a management handover starting Saturday on Rentalbot, which also involves change of servers. I would wait until Monday because the site may not work properly over the weekend and it sounds like they're going to change the code that embeds the calendars, so we'll all be doing updates. This wouldn't affect obtaining the 4 free calendars from rentors.org that you would need to start, only the software you would then use to run them side by side on the same page, as per Debk's site. The system also controls the calendars on various listing sites, so when you confirm a reservation, one click simultaneously updates management pages, your own website calendar, Rentors.org AND various listing site calendars as well. Brilliant.