Starting out and feeling a bit worried.

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
loveka

Post by loveka »

Sorry, another cross post!
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

Your best furniture delivery options are either on a trolley, or if it's bigger then ring Alan Butters. I can give you his number by PM.

I've had a bed and a washing machine delivered so far. The washing machine was on a hand trolley, but the bed had to be carried in bits by me and a delivery men from the bit where the bus turns round.

Thanks for the kind comments about the cottage, I blew the budget when I discovered it was for sale. I'd been looking at places with no view and was humming and hah'ing but Harbourside just blew me away. I don't live there, but I try to get down at least 2 - 3 full weeks and a couple of long weekends per year.

When I bought it I thought - great, free holidays in Cornwall. But every time I go there I spend two thirds of my time decorating.
loveka

Post by loveka »

Thanks, yes I will pm you for that number

I think that's a great tip about local suppliers. I will look into that for sofas especially.

We wanted to buy the one opposite you, but it turned out to be unmortgagable. Which we discovered after we had the survey done and had paid the solicitor, having been promised everything would be OK!

I am looking forward to the odd weekend down there, but I expect it will be lots of hard work.