Help has anyone got Linens Limited duvets?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
G.H

Help has anyone got Linens Limited duvets?

Post by G.H »

Hi All,

As recommended on here I'm about to order the Egyptian cotton 400 thread count bedding and their towel bales are such good value I'm getting them too. I was going to order duvets from soak and sleep and get the luxury soft as down ones (also from a recommendation) but these http://www.linenslimited.com/linens-lim ... tog-double are fantastic prices so wondering if anyone has used them. I could get pillows from linens limited too and have less deliveries.

Hope someone can help.
Gina
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Just had a look at the duvets - they do seem good value but I couldn't see the standard delivery charge anywhere - just the outlying areas ones.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

We bought some and if they don't last long it doesn't really matter - it costs more to send a duvet to be cleaned than buy a new duvet!

They do offer trade discounts if you buy in quantity too!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Yes. We replace instead of cleaning too.
G.H

Post by G.H »

I thought I'd take a look at reviews of their duvets whilst I was waiting to see if anyone here had used them. Only a few but all 5* on amazon but I dug a little further and found this website http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews250846.html#Reviews
And blooming heck I've never read so many awful reviews of a company in my life! A few mentioned them withholding money from faulty returns until the buyer agreed to change their negative review!! Also lots of faulty goods, goods not arriving, ignored emails etc etc. Its really off-putting and we can't afford long delays and refused refunds on faulty goods.

Has anyone had problems with the company? I'm thinking I'd be better off spending more and using a company with a better rep.
Gina
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Oh dear that's not good, although people do love to put a negative review up and not bother always with a positive one. I've just received my first order from them, having ordered direct. It looks like you can buy via Amazon. I ordered duvet covers and towels for my student son rather than for business. It all arrived, safely packaged apart from one duvet cover which was the last one in stock when I ordered it, so clearly had gone out of stock by the time the packer got to my order. It was sent by separate delivery and I received it a few days later. I rung them to find out how long it would be; they kept me on hold for a while, but other than that perfectly satisfied. I haven't opened the duvet covers or washed them yet though.

The other thing to remember is you have the protection of your credit card if you should go into dispute.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I have used Linens Limited extensively and barring one issue (resolved) have been very happy with the products and service. They are excellent value, which does attract moaners I find. People rarely offer a positive review unless prompted, but will be very happy to pour their miserable experiences across the universe unbidden.

I have never bought duvets from Linens Limited, but I have all my Egyptian cotton bedlinen from them. Also ordered curtains and sofa cushions, all of which have been excellent. Towels I ordered from AJ Towelling: http://www.ajtowelling.com/ - the 600gsm ones upon which guests comment very positively.

With regard to Linens Limited, they do have a 'commercial' sub page if you are ordering in any kind of quantity so contact them for a discount and free delivery. They can be a bit slow to respond, but it's usually worth it in terms of price negotiation. Once you order delivery is very swift.
ClareW

Post by ClareW »

Towels I ordered from AJ Towelling: http://www.ajtowelling.com/ - the 600gsm ones upon which guests comment very positively.
I just looked at these towels Casscat and they look incredible value. I'm just about to order all the towels for my new holiday let and just wanted to check that these towels wash and dry well and dont shed fluff etc.. (are they so heavy/ thick that they take ages to dry?) I would be buying them all at once and can't find any reviews or see them in the flesh first. Anybody else used them?? Have also realised that as I don't have a tumble drier either at home or in the cottage and will be doing my own laundry until the business builds up, my towels may not come up as soft and fluffy drying naturally... thanks in advance!
bythesea

Post by bythesea »

Thanks for the towel link....look great value. Clarew they do seem to sell through Amazon and have a few reviews there :)
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Clare the towels wash and dry very well. I bought them in volume when I was stocking the finca because I was aware that there would be casualties. They are exceptional value which is why I don't keep any that have vague yellow suncream marks etc. They are of a good weight as per the web site, but they are not those ridiculously combed, puffed, thickened towels that look like they should be blankets. They are very traditional plain white towels. I line dry mine, but whatever the quality towels can get a bit roughened over time. I do have a tumble drier and put my towels through that to soften them up - I also have 'balls' (which may not come as a surprise to some :D ) like these:

Honestly I do recommend AJ Towelling for amazing value and rapid delivery. They are so inexpensive you won't fall to the floor and weep when some moron gets hair dye on one of them.