Targeting parents of toddlers and babies?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Susan wrote: and the authorities are putting it down to just what you have said - parents feel that as there is a security device, they can be less vigilant so are not surveying their children properly.
How interesting.... so the fact that our punters don't use the safety cover because of the hassle may be no bad thing!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Hi,
I have 3 kids and occasionally rent out our apartment (where we actually live) in Rome. I only use slowtrav and advertise the place as "family friendly" in the title- I looked at your ad there - if you put baby friendly in the title I bet you would get some interest.
I find that my place in Rome (which we do not heavily market as we rent it only occasionally) attracts people with kids - not for it's safety - but for the fact we have books, toys, etc - and probably more because of the fact that it's advertised as kid friendly than for how kid friendly it is. Another big sell is the fact that you can get them a babysitter. Maybe because we are in a city - but when I tell people that I have a VERY reliable, VERY trusted babysitter (who lives in our building) - that can make the deal. I think it's important that they know that you know and trust this person completely - parents do not want to leave their very little kids with just anyone. Our babysitter is also the person who greets them when we are not here - so they meet her first and can organize themselves with her. A romantic dinner in Italy sans kids may be more important as a selling point than pool guard rails.
That said, once you advertise as kid friendly - you would want to point out safety issues after being contacted.
Hope that helps.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks Rocky - that's very helpful and interesting, and you've just reminded me that our babysitting services should be highlighted more.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be