Cleverer and cleverer

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.

At what point would you have known this was a scam?

Email #1
60%
Email #2
20%
Email #3
20%

Total votes: 25

Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks Ros - wonder if he's fixed it already then - could anyone who reads this give it a try and PM me please? Can't have the punters giving up at the first hurdle - it's the weekend too!!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Yes it's definitely fixed now, all working fine!

Kx
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Yeh me and Kathy wondered if you had vacancies for..........

Just joking, :lol:

When you mentioned weekends is that when you get most of your enq
I was thinkng about this the other day and wondered what day other people get most legit enq :?: :wink:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Good question - I think people would agree that the weekend is when most punters are browsing - maybe assembling a shortlist at least - even if they then don't get around to emailing straight away. Want to start a new topic Ros in case a few members miss it here?

Haven't had any scam emails for a while - guess that's a mid-week activity!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Oh Go on then, shall you start, or shall I. :D

You better as I did the mid life crisis one. :wink: :oops:

[youve got more Forum cred they might think Im being Silly][who me] :wink: :lol:
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Gascony Goat wrote:Good question - I think people would agree that the weekend is when most punters are browsing - maybe assembling a shortlist at least - even if they then don't get around to emailing straight away. Want to start a new topic Ros in case a few members miss it here?

Haven't had any scam emails for a while - guess that's a mid-week activity!

Hi folks. I've only just seen this and it got me checking. I went to our webhost and got the stats.I haven't had time to actually do anything accurate with 'em yet but I checked on last month, a month in the summer and Sept 2005 and I discovered that MONDAY was the day most popular for hits to my site!! Wednesday is probably 2nd quickly looking thro 'em, then probably Sunday. Interesting :roll:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Fraise, :D

Well done....

You are such a star....I will have to check mine...... :wink: :D
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Not sure what to do with the info tho- I suppose if I was running a newspaper ad it could be useful to know what day to go to print on but I'm not ,so it's not :?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Frise, if you're advertising on listing sites where you go zooming up to the top of the page when you update your calendar, the ideal would be to do it just at the point at which most people are browsing.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Haha- clever Goat !!! Never thought of anything as subtle as that. You deserve an extra radiator or something to graze on :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Im a bit naughty as I dont use my availability calenders...... :cry:

I didnt initially as I wanted to see what sites were getting the most enq...also with 2 houses together its a bit tricky...but I do know that some sites do list you higher if you do....

Do you know which ones?.....
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

H-R certainly, and HolidayLets are partially influenced by your regular updating I think. Not sure about others, but always worth checking out and keeping it in mind if your listing sites do take this into account.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Gascony Goat wrote:Frise, if you're advertising on listing sites where you go zooming up to the top of the page when you update your calendar, the ideal would be to do it just at the point at which most people are browsing.
When I was advertising with VisitFrance, I used to do exactly that, every day at 12.00, as I figured that a lot of people would be browsing during their lunch break. :wink:

(VisitFrance puts you at the top of the list each time you update your calendar, and you can do this on a daily basis, not once a week like on holiday-rentals).
gh

Post by gh »

Gascony Goat wrote:Frise, if you're advertising on listing sites where you go zooming up to the top of the page when you update your calendar, the ideal would be to do it just at the point at which most people are browsing.
:lol: 8) Missed this too, just thought I'd look in after taking the dog out :roll:

My thoughts are to update over the weekend, Fri Sat and Sun, when most families have time off and are thinging about next years holidays, then hubby asks wife to e-mail on Monday about availability, calender or not, as he is too busy :roll: to do it.

If Mr and Mrs are looking for a place that will take them and their friends who are round for a meal discussing where to go next, frantic e-mails and telephone calls unbeknow to us happens behind the scenes, ie larger place, the same happens, only Mr too busy asks Mrs not working to e-mail us.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Your probably right Johnel... :D

We can accomodate large groups and most of mine seem to be the beginning of the week[some phone calls Sunday checking details]

I used to be surprised that most of the contact is in the daytime, and not when theyre at home in an evening..

but Ive since discovered that theyre looking and emailing while at work a lot of the time

[in fact I make sure I also have a home email or phone no as well now....... in case I need to contact them out of work hours..]