You Couldnt make it up volume 2

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Big Sis..

You Couldnt make it up volume 2

Post by Big Sis.. »

Apparently there is a new Ageism law coming in from Sunday :roll:

Apparently Buster Martin is 100 and is a bit put out that he may have to curtail working for a Plumbing firm in London,

So he hopes that from Sunday it would be unlawful to call into question the fact that his plumbing skills might be a bit rusty.
I think anyone in London would be chuffed that they got a Plumber at all[especially with all his experience :wink:]

As I am married to a Plumber who was hoping to retire in the future[near or not]
Im quite chuffed as I can point out that Buster :D
[we used to have a dog called that]
is still working and so should he to keep me in the lifestyle Ive become accustomed to and to help there is a new law that prevents him retiring before then. :wink: :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

A friend has emailed this to me,,,,,,,,,,
:lol:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/09102006/80-13 ... alert.html :roll: :lol:

You really couldnt make it up :wink: :roll: :lol:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Okay, I've posted this before but for any newer forum members you must see this. I just have to think of it to smile....

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0100 ... _page.html
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Ha ! Did they ever actually get the planning permission to extend, with loo rolls that big they'd certainly need it ! Wonder how big the bars of soap are? :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Only a little titter but worth a mention :D

Got my car rental voucher through today....

Office open Monday 24hrs
Tues 24hrs
Weds 24hrs
Thurs 24hrs
Fri 24hrs
Sat 24hrs
Sun 24hrs

If you need to pick up the car after these hours a surcharge will be charged :? :roll: :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

:D :D :D :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

In the paper today a 61 year old woman was asked to leave a restaurant as she had a HOODIE on... :roll: :shock:
the fact that it was a knitted pink cardigan from M & S [apparently from their limited collection?will be now]......
She is captain of the local Golf Club and her husband is a retired Customs & Excise Officer... :

I can see all the would be hooligans rushing into M&S to puchase said garment...if the sight of such a thing can provoke such terror....[mind you pink..it frightens the life out of me....probably the price would as well] :shock: :roll: :lol:
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Ros wrote:In the paper today a 61 year old woman was asked to leave a restaurant as she had a HOODIE on... :roll: :shock:
the fact that it was a knitted pink cardigan from M & S [apparently from their limited collection?will be now]......
She is captain of the local Golf Club and her husband is a retired Customs & Excise Officer... :

I can see all the would be hooligans rushing into M&S to puchase said garment...if the sight of such a thing can provoke such terror....[mind you pink..it frightens the life out of me....probably the price would as well] :shock: :roll: :lol:
She was quoted on the Today programme as being slightly flattered that somebody considered she might be capable of causing trouble! :lol:

Actually, well done to the restaurant for enforcing their policy (or am I alone in that?). If our society has got so worked up about a particular style of clothing stupid things like this will happen; most teenagers wear these things not particularly as a fashion statement, but more because of a basic insecurity about their own self-image - certainly I would have embraced them wholeheartedly if they had been around in the seventies!! It's when they add the baseball cap and (what Tom Wolfe called) the "pimp roll" that it all starts to get a little silly - anybody here watch Catherine Tate, "izzit"? :)
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Andy,

Remembering the tank top that featured heavily in other posts I dont think we will uses you as our fashion guru :wink: :lol: ....

I sort of know what you mean and as always a slightly sensible thing gets blown out of all proportion...When I worked in a bank years ago people would come in with all sorts of head gear on bike helmets etc...I didnt really look at the security angle thats happenning now
but half the time I couldnt understand what they were saying..... :? :shock:
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Ros wrote:Hi Andy,

Remembering the tank top that featured heavily in other posts I dont think we will uses you as our fashion guru :wink: :lol: ....
Now you realise why I would have preferred a hoodie! :lol:
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

and a veil presumably..... :wink: :roll: :lol: