Do I Need Personal Website?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Well just look how far you've come now, then!! :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Jenny

Youre right thanks but i still panic when I see all the technical terms

I went on a bsic computer course but all that it really told me was how much I didnt know

The only good thing is that I dont mind letting people know that I dont know things and usually they are pleased to help
Also finding out I could email myself was a help.....as I practised sending photos etc before doing it for real.

I wouldnt mind paying to have one compiled but if they dont put all the bits in the title that helps it to be found by search engines[Ive read poalos posting but no clue] It wouldnt help.

I am on a lot of Websites and do well with bookings so Im not sure.......

Thanks for your interest though..
linda147

Post by linda147 »

Re question about .co.uk or .com - if you can I would go for both. I have just bought another domain name for our website and it was 8.99 a year for the .com and 2.99 a year for the .co.uk. These are the most popular and having both stops a competitor having the other one! You only need one website hosted as you can divert the other domain name to your main website so there is no extra cost for hosting. (hope that makes sense!).
I am fortunate in that as an ICT teacher I have the skills to build my own website (of which I am quite proud!) but if you have to pay a professional company it is very expensive.
Do you know any teenagers with good web skills? Maybe one doing an A Level in ICT? They would probably do it for a much smaller fee. It doesn't have to be particularly fancy - I think most people just want to see lots of pictures of the property and surrounding area.
As regards getting found on search engines - you submit your website to the major search engines through your hosting and the ranking largely depends on the text on your site and what appears in the title bar. We have only just started in the rental business but if you type "vejer holiday accommodation" into Google we are listed on the first page of results. (at least we were last time I looked!)
Hope this helps.