Advice on how to sell a timeshare .... please

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
Christine Kenyon

Advice on how to sell a timeshare .... please

Post by Christine Kenyon »

We have a friend who has a week's timeshare in the Lake District. He now wishes to sell this week, but the agent is not being very proactive and he himself has little experience of letting or selling timeshares.

Do any "Lay my hat pundits" know any websites which could be useful or have any advice which you would be happy to share.

Thank you for your help.

Christine
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

After nearly getting roped into buying a timeshare in Orlando last year, I did some research and there's practically an industry about this stuff. I don't actually remember any specific sites but I did a google search and found tons of stuff. Unfortunately there are so many people who want to sell their timeshares that it's apparently hard to get anywhere near what you paid for them (if you paid full price).

Note: I don't have a timeshare and I've never done this personally, I just did some research last year on what would have happened had we bought a timeshare and needed to sell it. Of course, there is a cooling-off period so if he bought it within the last week or so, he can just tell them he's changed his mind and get his money back.
Brooke
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Cheers
PC
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Thank you Vrooje and Paul. I shall pass this onto my friend and let him loose!

Cheers

Christine