Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

More than ten years old it needs updating

Website reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garipiere

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: More than ten years old it needs updating Reply with quote

I have just realised that I created my website http://garipiere.fr more than ten years ago, and that apart from changing prices and one or two photos I have done nothing to update it. Before trying to modernise it I would be grateful for any comments you can make that will get me going in the right direction.Thanks in advance for any advice given and a Merry Christmas to everybody.
Garry
FelicityA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Garipiere,

First impression is that there is a awful lot of wasted 'white' (OK, it is cream) space.

The content is good but the photos are very small and I can't get them to come up bigger. I do think photos are the most important part of a website to sell a place. Your photos themselves are fine, (although the dining room could do with lightening) just too small. My natural instinct is to click on a little photo to get it filling the screen, or at least half the screen and I was disappointed....

Have you thought of going with a template from somebody such as PMP (Promotemyplace -I can give you a referral code for a little bit off if you want one)? But there are lots of other template people about and everybody has their favourites. I just recommend them because they are so helpful and I like their set up. You would fill your space better and make it more eye catching. Plus, it is a doddle to do when you have all your text and photos already. I haven't tested your website on an ipad or smart phone yet so I don't know if it is responsive or not but I am guessing not, if it is ten years old.
vfmfca

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Garipiere

I agree with FelicityA about the photos and using Promote my Place. You can also use their embedded calendar or embed a calendar such as Availability Calendar if you want to use the same calendar on a Facebook page or elsewhere https://www.availabilitycalendar.com/

If you join the Facebook group Association of Rental Property Owners https://www.facebook.com/groups/AssociationRentalPropertyOwners/
and want to try Promote my place you can sign up for a free trial and when you start paying the subscription you get a £34 discount the cost is £69 a year for one property, but with the discount you will pay £35 in the first year. Good luck.
Website reviews