Women behaving Brilliantly........

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Big Sis..

Women behaving Brilliantly........

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All, :D

Males females & undecideds.......

Listen up... :roll:

In the Times today....[I only get it for the racing.....]

Helen Ougham[50] has won the Times National Crossword Championship.......
she vanquished her 23 MALE rivals by completing 3 puzzles in.........31 mins 49 seconds......

Apparently she also won it in 1995....
[but thought shed have a break to give the boys a chance
This follows another Female triumph as Nina Pell [18]won the Times National Soduko Championship last year in another Male dominated Final.....

Martha Redfern [93] ........yes 93 said
'I left my brain at home', as she crashed out in the opening
round.......

Heres the really good bit......
Peter Brooksbank [52] actually handed his paper in first in 28 mins 9 seconds but then realised hed made a Boo Boo.......'I noticed 30 seconds later that id forgot to change a letter so I had 'ont of ',instead of 'out of'

[easy mistaker to maker....] :wink:

............snigger :lol: :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

When I met my hubby 10 years ago we discovered that we both liked crosswords - I liked the Guradian because it was harder but we went with the Telegraph to suit him!! ( well Iwas newly in love!!!) but the trouble was that I was quicker at it. We found a solution - we used to take it to the pub and he would read out the clues and have the grid and I would do the clues without looking at the paper- I was still quicker. I thought this might scare him off - other wimps had run a mile - but he thought it was great and the first time he said well done you I knew I would marry him :D Still in love and still quicker at the crossword :D :D :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

And never a CROSS WORD Eh Enid :lol:

Crosswords were quite important in our house Mum and Dad even used to make them themselves...sounds a bit odd I know but I think it was for a local Club

When my Dad was ill in Hospital which he was a lot then...
me and my favourite brother used to sit and do the Telegraph one [well he did it really]
I just knew what words fitted and then hed read the clues and tell me why.....

Then my Dad died
Soon after my brother bought me a book of Telegraph crosswords and wrote in the cover about our shared times while dad was ill[precious]

Even more so as he died within the year after Dad [a few years ago]....
he knew he was and had planned everything even hosted his own wake....sounds really bad but it wasnt...

'Youre not having a party when Im gone we will have one now booked the room a cake and everything'.....
its a bit of a story but quite uplifting as well I will probably share it one of these days....[oOh No not another one......]

Anyway the point was
wed been talking about believing in the hereafter or afterhere one or tother and we made a pack that if I did go to one of them spiritualist thingies he would come back to me and say 'Crosswords' :shock:

So Id know it was Genuinely him...
havent been yet but I will....
Its not something one of them chappies would be able to guess...unless theyre Forum readers....is there anybody there.... :wink: :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All, :D

From my friend Lorna,

Female train Drivers.....

A Womans right to Choo Choose......... :roll: :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

According to the Tele tonight :wink:

I am now Prime minister.... :roll:

Be afraid be very afraid..... :wink: :roll: :lol: