Rain, rain..... still waiting

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

La Luz,
Better luck with the weather when you are next in sunny España 8) .

Here on the Costa Blanca, we seem to have missed the most recent downpours of S. Spain and Portugal. Lets hope that it swings by here :) and I can turn off the irrigation system and cut down on watering my potted plants. We had some overnight rain about 10 days ago with some cloud and rain drops during the week. Well, today was just the most beautiful day. 27ºC in the shade, toes pointing upwards, birds singing, a good book and a glass of vino and I could imagine that I was on holiday in some exotic location. :D

Maria
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All,

Well we had lovely weather while in Torre ,
a couple of cloudyish days few night spots of rain but really good temps over 100 on the patio so had a great time ....as Im back it can rain now as long as it stops again by the 7th December :wink: :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Maria, :D

Just had an email from Paula in Spain to say its been bucketing the last few days[waited for me to get home I expect]....
hope that helps I know youve been very short of rain of late...but can I book the 6th-15th December from 10 ish onwards as Id like some nice weather then...is that OK.... :wink: :lol:
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

:D :D

Hey Ros,

It started raining on Thurs. night and hasn´t let up since. Our pool and water deposito are overflowing so hopefully the regional reservoirs and wells are filling up. However, the predicted sunshine for toworrow will be most welcome - 2 full days of rain is enough :x

Weather predictions for Dec. 6, anybody´s guess. Last year, we had no rain from late November to end of January when it fell as snow :D You still might be able to don the cozzie and soak up some sunshine on your hot terrace 8)

Maria
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Maria...
It was really hot when we were there over a 100 most days....I know, we had to buy a new thermometer as the other one had melted???....Why is it so great to keep checking it to see what the temps are you know its hot but still.......
Went in the pool most days and its was a bit cool..how I like it actually its too warm in July like a bath....

Dont think I will venture in in Dec though..but it does look tempting when your sunbathing[until you put a toe in]
Someone has enquired about next December and if the pool will be shared?????no...no...and not by many brave souls...the seas still ok though and usually have a dip every time we come...
Are you busy at Xmas or do you have time to put your feet up???? :lol:
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

I usually travel over the Christmas period, mostly within Spain. I am hoping to pop over towards Huelva and the Algarve this year but I haven´t decided where to stay yet.

The locals don´t usually venture into their pools until June at the earliest and stop in mid September - too cold for them....

Why don´t you check out if any local hotel or municipal pool is open and heated. Maybe, it might be an option for your guests.

It has just stopped raining, I might be able to venture out to do some food shopping after all. :D

Cheers,
Maria
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Maria :D
We do have a large Sports Hall and Olympic Pool 5-10 mins walk away in Torre.
I have toild the Xmas & New Year guests about it.

Im a good swimmer & spent most of my childhood at the local pool or in the sea[were 10 mins from the beach...]
But Im more a ....Im hot so Im going to have a swim ..then Im cold so Im going to have a sunbathe sort of person..I find proper swimming boring Im afraid....

When were on holiday[usually all inclusive] I swim to the nearest pool bar and walk back with the drinks....Get out, get hot, swim to the nearest bar... :wink: :roll: :lol:
Chris N

Post by Chris N »

Hi all,

came back from Mallorca last week, same there, absolutely gorgeous weather, I think it dipped for a few days, but it seems to be going nice again now.

8) Chris
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Chris,
Glad it was nice in Mallorca for you
:D
I thinks its still raining in Spain..Im sure Maria will keep us posted....