www.villa-link.info anybody?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

marcus wrote: Chalky: I'm afraid you're flogging a dead horse, Oskars site is a 5. I don't know how you got the screenshot but there is no doubt about it - sometimes the screen needs refreshing to show up to date PR.
Marcus,
I clicked on the link in Oskar's signature - no page rank. If you then click 'lanzarote Villas home' it comes up as a 5. It appears that you don't get a page rank on the 'root' page. :?
Chalky

marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi Ros,

what does your 'no clue' refer to? have you downloaded the toolbar that Paolo mentioned above and got that showing? if not see paolos link and choose firefox or internet explorer and download it. It will install automatically. You might need to close and reopen the browser for it to show up. or possibly even restart the PC although I would think not.

Or is it that you have the toolbar and there is no 'options' part to click on? in which case I'm not quite sure what the answer is...
gh

Post by gh »

Ours wasn't obvious but found it under settings, click on that then options then follow what marcus said. Worked for me.
oskar

Post by oskar »

Or is it that you have the toolbar and there is no 'options' part to click on? in which case I'm not quite sure what the answer is...
Download a more up to date version........

http://www.filehippo.com/download_google_toolbar
oskar

Post by oskar »

Oskar: If you feel a need to link to francethisway don't hold yourself back
I´ve filled in your form, marcus. Only problem might be that it says you link to "nice people"! :twisted:
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Thanks marcus, but I can't find "options" :oops:

Ros, Are you doing any better than me?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

OOOh Kayley, :roll:

I was trying to keep quiet!! :oops:
[unusual I know]
I managed to loose my toolbar altogether at one point..... :?
Everybodys being so helpful & patient I didnt like to let them know that theyre efforts arent working...... :roll:

Last time I tried to download and alter stuff my computer ended up in safe mode :cry:

[which is anywhere thats not near me]and was back at the shop....there used to me there....

So thanks a bunch Kayley now they now :wink: :roll: :oops:

Ive only just learnt how to do the quote thingy...
Crystal taught me but she had to speak v e r y slowly and Rexer helped me with a Map........

I do think other people quite like it when I ask about things cos they dont want to appear silly by asking. so they wait for me to do it...ask..and appear silly......I can do both in unison... :wink: :lol:
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're way ahead of me Ros. I can't do the quote thing at all :oops: I'm sure it's one of those very simple things that everyone can do easily, and I will to, when I learn how.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

OOH Kayley If Im way ahead of you, you are in deep doo doo. :wink:

Crystal very kindly told me like this,
OK Ros...the long way and windy way..

1. Copy the text you want to quote
2. Click 'Post reply'
3. Click 'Quote' button
4. Paste text
5. Click 'Quote' button
Try it if I can do it anyone can....... :wink: :roll: :lol:
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I'm well into the doo doo!

I copied the text, "clicked post reply", but then there wasn't a "quote button". Should I have clicked it before I did "post reply"?:oops: :oops: :oops:
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

kayley wrote:I'm well into the doo doo!

I copied the text, "clicked post reply", but then there wasn't a "quote button". Should I have clicked it before I did "post reply"?:oops: :oops: :oops:
Easiest way for me to to click on Quote button on right hand side of the message that you wish to quote which brings you to the message reply window with your quote inserted. If you wish to shorten the quoted message, just delete the portion not required, but keep the full quotation marks. I have removed them so that you can see how it is written.

quote="kayley"]Should I have clicked it before I did "post reply"?:oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote

Ros´method works just as well, the "quote" button is on the line underneath the subject line. I hope that makes it a little clearer.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Kayley, Ros

I just installed the google toolbar in Internet Explorer (previously it was just in FireFox, which I usually use) to see what the problem might be.

As part of installation I was asked to choose between 'Enable PageRank' or 'Disable pageRank'. And it seems that in Internet Explorer the 'display page rank information' option is then in the 'Settings/options' section, under the third tab titled 'More'.

I can't imagine it should crash a PC unless you have an old version of Internet Explorer (it says you need at least IE version 6.0). If you have an older version, presumably you could download version 6.0 from microsoft before continuing.

Just say if you are still struggling and haven't given up on the idea yet.

Cheers
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Kayley

Ive pmed you

Love Rosx
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Ive pmed you

Thanks ros and Maria. I think I've got it at last! Now i'm going to post this and see what happens.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Well It didn't quite work :oops: I think I forgot to click on "quote" for the second time.

Marcus, I'm sure that's really helpful, but if I can't get the hang of this then I'm not even going to try. :? I'll get my husband onto it at the weekend, it'll be simple for him.