Website and booking calendar-Any 1 and 1 template users???

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Hells Bells

Website and booking calendar-Any 1 and 1 template users???

Post by Hells Bells »

Help needed! I have received the links from the web designer, to integrate my online calendar into my website. Now I have them, I'm not sure I can do it. I am at the very early stages of changing my site, but it won't be ready for ages yet. I haven't had any free weekends to work on it for a start.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Helen
Why not add an extra (unlinked from the rest of the site) page on your website, paste the code in, and play around with it and see what it looks like? Don't leave it up too long, in case a visiting spider comes along, but a few days won't make any difference.

MGoat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I agree, a test page is the way to go. You can iron out all the kinks before you transfer the new code to a page that people actually use.

If you think this is going to take a while, you can even include a robots.txt file that tells search engine spiders *not* to index your test page (or test directory, or whatever).
Brooke
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Goat, thats the problem, I don't know how to paste the code into the template I've got.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

OK guys, I've added the calendar page to the site via a link for the time being, but I want it to appear on the prices page eventually. Let me know what you think please. I'm going to change all the text links on the site to a button over the weekend, and give some thought to integrating the page properly.
Off to work now!!!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Helen,
I've added the calendar page to the site via a link for the time being,
I've taken a quick look and it appears to fit in and work beautifully.

Fluffy
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I now know which code I need to replace to integrate it onto the page.