Double and twin beds

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
crazyfox

Double and twin beds

Post by crazyfox »

We have been renting for more than ten years and our one-bedroom properties have either a double bed or twin beds.

Since the early days we have requested the advertising companies, who we advertise with (OD, HA, TA, etc) to include a check box to determine whether the property being advertised has a double bed or twin beds. But, all requests have fallen on death ears.

To us, it seems a rather important requirement to determine the sleeping arrangements of a property. As an example, when couples get older they are more likely to prefer a single beds to a double bed, as sleep becomes more difficult. Also, if friends want to go away together, they tend to prefer single beds to double beds. This would also apply to small groups taking sporting or activity holidays, such as golf or cycling.

In the near future, we are possibly going to Nerja, near Malaga for a few days and we would prefer twin beds to a double bed, but despite hours of looking, we cannot find a one-bedroom property, in the area, with twin beds. If we cannot find such a property, we will book a hotel, which I am sure is common practice with people who want twin beds.

Can anyone explain to us why these companies do not include such a simple request in their adverts?
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Ours is a one-bedroom rental. I can speak only for Homeaway and, as you say, you cannot search for double bedrooms specifically as to whether they have a double bed or two singles. On our listing, I saw this under the heading "Facilities":- Notes on bedrooms: Double bedroom with king size divan bed.

They have recently changed their search refinement for bedrooms in a property to "Fewest to most" (and vice versa). So perhaps use that and then check "Facilities" for those one-bedroom properties you like the look of.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

I have recently listed with airbnb and they do allow yu to show that the beds can be both twins or ziplinked to make a superking.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
crazyfox

Post by crazyfox »

It is good to hear that Airbnb provide bed information. But, why don't the other web sites do the same?
When one makes a suggestion to these web sites that advertise our properties, they just ignore us.
A typical example is that one web sites list mountaineering as an activity, but they do not include cycling or paddel. If you are on holiday in southern Spain in the summer, there isn't much opportunity do climb a mountain, but lots of people want to go cycling and paddle is very popular in Spain.
:x
Torrox

Post by Torrox »

Can barbersdrove please explain how in Airbnb you can show that a room has either twin or superking bed(s)? All our rooms are like that and I've never set what sort or beds we have 'cos I've never worked out how.

Thanks