Ratio of hits to enquiries

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
LaLuz

Ratio of hits to enquiries

Post by LaLuz »

I've just joined Owner's Direct and for the first time can see how many hits my advert receives.

So I'm wondering what the general ratio of hit's to enquiries is? Does it vary or is it pretty consistent?
gh

Post by gh »

Hits are an indicator that your home is being looked at, which is good; in as much as people are interested enough to look.

One of the sites we list on offers 'stats' too and in the last 30 days we have had 425 hits with 2 enquiries and one booking.

So enquiries for me are the more important stat. You can have as many hits on your listing till the cows come home, but its the [genuine] enquiries you obtain to convert into bookings; that get's the gold.

The number of hits does wary according to the time of year. I would look to receiving more hits in the coming months leading up to the peak booking period; from Christmas on and again hit a second peak around May onwards when most of the peak weeks have already been taken.

The second hit peaks would be from; in my experience, those either looking for special/reduced rates or decided at the last minute to have a break; away.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Mm thanks johnel. I understand that enquiries are what we want but could a high ratio of hits to enquiries indicate that your advert wasn't working or needs tweaking maybe?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

LaLuz wrote:Mm thanks johnel. I understand that enquiries are what we want but could a high ratio of hits to enquiries indicate that your advert wasn't working or needs tweaking maybe?
If all one wants is bookings and bookings are good then one really doesn't have to look any further. I tend to be that way but I think I am being a little naïve in doing so.

I don’t look at hits = enquiries = bookings but perhaps I should? There’s maybe a lot to be learned from statistics, particularly when deciding on the value of any individual rental site.

Fluffy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hits measure the people who see the thumbnail, then click for further details, right? So hits only tell you that the visitor to the listing site liked the look of your thumbnail! (I can just hear Ros asking 'which one GG, my left or my right?')

Inquiries follow if the visitor still likes what he sees on the page/s giving further details - eg more precise info and pics, availability and rates. Or is that an over-simplification?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I can just hear Ros asking 'which one GG, my left or my right?')
Nah GG I do know what a thumbnail is.... :wink :wink: :wink: :
over-simplification?
:roll:

Now that I have trouble with ,do you mean that its that easy even Ros will understand...cos I do[maybe its cos your such a good teacher] :wink: :lol:

Love you GG. :lol:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I just checked my 'hits' and 'stats' for Owners Direct.

Since I joined in August, 318 hits, and 280 unique sessions, I have had one enquiry, but they eventually didn't book after being very enthusiastic, because the ski school arrangements weren't satisfactory. I didn't take out a years subscription though, so I'll see how it goes. Not sure what I can do to improve my listing.

Similar for Holiday Lettings, although at least I can see i have had 12 click-throughs to my website this month. I have had one booking since June. (91 hits this month, 12 click-throughs, a total of 7 enquiries since I joined in May, and 1 booking).

Not doing very well out of any of my listing sites at the moment. :cry: Enquiries through the website are slow too, but at least they're coming.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Similar for Holiday Lettings, although at least I can see i have had 12 click-throughs to my website this month. I have had one booking since June. (91 hits this month, 12 click-throughs, a total of 7 enquiries since I joined in May, and 1 booking).

I didn't know you could check your hits or whatever on OD.

Helen, I notice that you are talking about click throughs and wondered, how do you know if someone looks at your website through the OD link and subsequently enquires, where that enquiry was generated from ie if they click through, then contact you through your own website, can you tell if the enquiry came from finding your website directly or not ? Sorry in advance if that's a silly question.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Partridge, I don't really know, unless they make a booking,and the booking form asks them for the information, but as I have only had one enquiry from my website in the past 2 weeks, I think that says it all really. I can also check my own wensite stats for referrals from OD.
linda147

Post by linda147 »

Your website statistics should show the referrer, ie the site that someone clicks a link to your website from. You can then see if they were interested enough in your ad to look further at your website. However, if they then contact you direct from your website you won't know they found you on Owners Direct or whatever unless you ask. I always ask the question when someone makes an enquiry.