Melting Patio Chairs

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

So far the recommendations for my problem appear to be Ajax or custard. I think I’ll try Ajax.
Oh go on Alan...give the custard a try :lol: :lol: You never know...the power of custard is a mighty thing! :shock:

Don't know if this is useful :oops:
But I've spoken to my resident uPVC expert, (a relative who's a window fitter) & he says Jif (or Cif - depending on your age) is widely used in the industry to clean frames...but then - if you use car polish after they've been cleaned it puts a shine on them and protects them from sun damage.

Could work for white plastic sunloungers?

Mouse
X
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Mouse,

Funny you should mention “Cif�. I was in my local Brico this morning moaning about my problem and the assistant said “Try Cif Crème Nettoyant Surpuissant and apply it using M. Propre Lingettes Grattantes�. I bought some and when the weather warms up a bit I will try them.

He also told me that car plastic treatment, in the UK I know it as “Back to Black�, should be applied after the cleaning has been done.

My life is being taken over by sunloungers.

Fluffy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

You'll need to be re-named 'Shiny' at this rate Fluffs! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
enid

Post by enid »

Re my earlier post Alan - try leaving it on a while before you wash it off :)
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

You'll need to be re-named 'Shiny' at this rate Fluffs!
How about 'Buff Fluff', although those of you with youngsters may know that holds another meaning, maybe 'Buffy fluffy' :lol:
it can get me into trouble sometimes
Had I of been Ros it would have got me into terrible trouble as I'm not sure I would have been quick enough to remember that 'media' meant half and would have shaken hands thinking 'what a nice man' and got a shock when the bill for half a brick wall arrived :shock: (sorry if this confuses anyone, refers to another thread)

And why havent you gone to bed yet
I had to take hub and son to stansted at 4.30am for their jolly boys ski trip to Italy. Was nodding off around 1.30 am and the flipping battery went in the smoke alarm...beep beep beep. That was it, so afraid of oversleeping, couldn't get back to sleep :twisted:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Had I of been Ros it would have got me into terrible trouble as I'm not sure I would have been quick enough to remember that 'media' meant half and would have shaken hands thinking 'what a nice man' and got a shock when the bill for half a brick wall arrived (sorry if this confuses anyone, refers to another thread)
See i knew my nightschool attempt at Spanish would pay for itself in the end :shock: ...
I will show this post to my hubby......He will be impressed :roll: ...Media is handy when ordering prawns btw the way...before I learnt it we had to eat a whole kilo as I didnt want to say anything :roll: :lol:
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Ros wrote:
Media is handy when ordering prawns btw the way...before I learnt it we had to eat a whole kilo as I didnt want to say anything :roll: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

enid wrote:Re my earlier post Alan - try leaving it on a while before you wash it off :)
That's the sort of advice I like - if you can't be bothered, leave it till tomorrow.

Fluffy
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Gascony Goat wrote:You'll need to be re-named 'Shiny' at this rate Fluffs! :D
If only my recliners were fluffy, then they wouldn't need polishing.

Fluffy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hmmm Fluffs - this calls for an industrial designer. A way must be found!! I smell a patent pending and an entrepreneur about to make his fortune!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All...

Update on my Melting Patio Chairs..[as if anyones interested :roll: ]

Weel the replacements have been........
absolutely excellent....When we were there this time they were still as good as new[and I know we havent had the Hottest time of the Summer yet it did get into the 100s on the patio.
They just need a hose down and a quick wipe..same with the tables...I am really chuffed[glad I bought 6 lots]actually there sooo nice someones knicked one[wasnt any of you was it wanting a sample :( ]
As this thread went on a bit and in case anyone is the least bit interested :roll: they were from Carreffour...
I think about 59 euros for the whole set[I cant be arxxd to look back on here..werent much more]
4 chairs...blue nylonny meshhy seats.. Heavy Glass table and with coated plastic.... Large sturdy Parasol....
Bargain!!
I was soo chuffed that I Bought 4 sturdy sunloungers as well the same this time I was there....
No more Melted plastic chairs, Broken Sunloungers or Bleaching yellowed plastic patio stuff..
I will report back at the end of the Summer...[if youre still awake :wink: ]