Browser differences

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
david a

Browser differences

Post by david a »

Hello Techies

I wonder if you can help with a small but annoying problem i have.

I have been revamping my site and have notice when i view it through internet explorer it is fine but through firefox it doesn't centralize on the page

Just wondered if there is a easy solution

Cheers

David
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

David
Not sure myself, but these guys will help (Firefox main support forums):

http://tinyurl.com/sub3o

and what's more, no goats lurking....

Mgoat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

a small but annoying problem
Annoying, yes, but small? Perhaps, perhaps not.

It could be a simple matter of changing/adding one line of code, but it could be much more complicated. And it probably also depends on whether you care about conforming to CSS/HTML standards or not. For example, you could probably fix it by adding <CENTER>...</CENTER> tags around your main table (which comes just after your body tag), but I believe this is horribly outdated, despite the fact that it still works in Firefox and likely works in every browser.

The good news is, though, that I think it looks absolutely fine left-justified. I can't use IE (since I'm in Linux), and I would never have known it's supposed to be centered!
Brooke
charles

Post by charles »

David,

Add an alignment tag to the first line after the <body> statement, such as:

<TABLE WIDTH=895 BORDER=0 align=center CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 NOF=LY>

Looking at the code generated by Netobjects I am pleased that free version that came on a mag CD a while back :shock:

Cheers,
Charles
david a

Post by david a »

Hello chaps

Thanks for your replies.

Mgoat i have posted on the mzine forum but have had on luck there yet and my post is down to the two millionth page
lol
very informative site and also very popular

vrooje & Charles i think the center tags should be in place, Unfortunately i dont have much technical knowledge i just click a box that says "center in browser" and when it doesn't i'm a little lost.

I have tried to paste the code in that you posted Charles but this didn't work, not sure if i put it in the right place or if i need to delete some corresponding code auto generated by netfusion

I will persivere as for me it doesn't look as good to the left so any more suggestions will be greatfully recieved

Cheers

David