Disposable stuff

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
garlic

Disposable stuff

Post by garlic »

I seem to remember this was sort of done before...but wasn't it about knickers? Anyway I got this unsolicited email today...Disposable sheets, pillowcases etc, they claim a cost of less than 1e per sheet...now I'm not interested in sheets or stuff like that but what they also have are disposable Gants (flannels). I always leave fresh Gants for each person in my house but I'd never reuse them for other guests...I've been lucky because I've managed to find cheap gants that aren't so much of an issue as a once only use thing...There were other bits that were interesting too...Just wonder what the reat of the world thinks?
The website is: http://www.caractere-paris.com/produits.php?lg=francais
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I couldn't find the flannels. They might have been interesting, also the bathmats, but I wouldn't fancy anything else. Seems an awful lot of wasted resourses to throw so much stuff away.
It would have been nice to have seen some photos or been offered a free sample.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

OOH Kayley & Garlic : :shock:

youve made me go all......shuddery...
flannels...as Ive said before theyre a real phobia of mine... :evil:
garlic

Post by garlic »

Kayley...I agree, It's the gants/bathmats that interest me...I was hoping that they are biodegradable...website isn't terribly good...I'm just pondering the idea I suppose

Ros flannels what flannels...they're gants different object not scary :)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Garlic
It was on another thread I cant abide them ,
think it goes back to when my Mum boiled em on the stove all gungy & smelly.....aargh.....

Never have them in the house and nor do my kids now!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I provide flannels and wash them , what's wrong with that? If they looked at all suspicious we would just throw them away, but they haven't yet! I will get new ones for next season anyway though as they are lovely to look at when they are all fluffy ( Alan !! :wink: ) but naff if they are flat /threadbare and I wouldn't provide them anyway. People seem to bring their own buff puff things for the showers .
enid

Post by enid »

I agree with Fraise ( hope agreeing is still allowed!)
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

I also provide flannels and wash them (on very hot cycle, with towels etc.) - I hadn't assumed there would be any hygiene problem with that ?
garlic

Post by garlic »

You know I'm really not a squeemish person don't normally mind muck at all...But the idea of using someone elses flannel does make me feel ever so slightly queesy...just thinking about where it might of been...

I wouldn't mind if I knew I'd thoroughly boiled it (sorry Ros) but I suppose I'd always wonder if someone else had done it the same way I would, short of putting a note on a flannel saying totally hygenic I'd worry that my guests would feel the same...

For me I have to give new ones which we then reuse for various things that way I can be sure they are well and truely clean...for what it's worth I don't use flannels myself...always use my hands :)
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

I take your point, Garlic, but couldn't you apply pretty much the same logic to towels ?
garlic

Post by garlic »

Yup silly isn't it because I don't feel quite the same way about towels...
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

erm, maybe one of these is the answer? http://tinyurl.co.uk/d13k :lol:

(Not for the easily embarassed!) :oops:
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Brilliant! Adds that much-needed touch of class to your bathroom!

Jenny :D
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Perfect- a snip at £13 as well !! Should we order a job lot? Oooh, err....sorry, shouldn't have used that word :oops: Anyone remember the Scots guy (forgotten his name) who used to do jokes about "wee jobbies" ? Think maybe we're lowering the tone somewhat ? :twisted:
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Billy Conolly-Brilliant! My favourite was a joke about a wee jobby and a handbag!

Going back to flannels (probably for the best!), I always thought the full name for them was "face flannel". I never thought about them being used for the other end :oops: