Disposable stuff

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Jenny wrote:I take your point, Garlic, but couldn't you apply pretty much the same logic to towels ?

I was musing this point to myself, as an avid hater of flannels and then it came to me :idea: The difference is, flannels are used to clean and towels are used hopefully merely to dry once the cleaning has been done :wink: A small difference maybe, but for me an important one.

Edited, just to say I know they are 'face flannels' but as already said, who's going to police that one :oops:
Last edited by Partridge on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

I see! Nothing for it then. I better burn and ban all flannels :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

fwiw, if someone has something nasty, it doesn't matter whether it's a flannel or a towel.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

HelenB wrote:fwiw, if someone has something nasty, it doesn't matter whether it's a flannel or a towel.
Crikey Helen, I hadn't even thought of 'something nasty' :shock:
makes it even worse.

I think it kind of comes down to that wonderful old thing 'individuality' again, kinda like could you eat snails/eels/horse, some say 'of course', others say 'gross'. :lol:

Vivre la difference
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
garlic

Post by garlic »

Partridge: I think you have it that flannels are for getting gunk off towels are for drying something already clean...

As for being called face flannels...um probably but here in France they're called gants (glove) and are mean't for giving the whole caboodle a rub over as I understand it.

Helen of course you're right...I'm not really logical about why a flannel makes me feel queesy over a towel...But now you've pointed that out will I ever dare use a towel that isn't mine again... :?
gh

Post by gh »

Shamed to say I was struggling to know what a 'gant' is. :oops: Thanks Garlic, reminds me when I first saw them, about 15yrs ago on holiday in Holland; you know how clean the Dutch are.

Much prefer a 'bidet' more err hygienic; especially for us girls.

Now my mind is on towels and what lurks within :? thank god for bleach, high temps cycles and white towels........ then; mine and no one else's supply.