Look what I've got....

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
enid

Post by enid »

Sorry Susan I forgot about the pregnancy and therefore Vin de Noix a bad idea - fancy some chocolate with the flowers and the hug? If you are off wine and chocolate no wonder you are fed up :D
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks Enid - chocolate is fine thank goodness, any type! In fact I've replaced the evening glass of wine with a mug of hot chocolate, not quite the same thing, but nice now the weather is getting a little cooler.
TV is sorted, just wish hormones were as easy to re-programme!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Enid, :D

It looks great just right for a snuggle ,is that a wooden sewing box I spy on the left ,I had one just like it that was my Mums, Im not sure what Ive done with it though have to have a rummage, might even start crossstitching again...

Enjoy your lounge and keep us posted with the other plans as they are finished..Isnt it all the more rewarding when youve worked hard and looked forward to something...well done.

Is it a quieter period for you coming up so you will have time to enjoy it. :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

Ye sit is an extendable sewing box - got it at a vide grenier ( car boot sale - literally empty attic in French) - it's lovely. I still have curtians and cushion covers to do in the salon but the best thing is that I am opening cartons after four years and finding old friends.

Well we are working on the kitchen and dining room and then are going to put bedrooms etc up in the loft so not finished!!!! But we are away on holiday for 2 weeks from Monday - we've done a swap with a LMH memeber and are off to chill out completely.

Welcome back by the way :D [/quote]
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks Enid...Have a great time on yours.... :wink: :lol:
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

We also have the same.........How many sets of covers have you gone though? In 6 seasons we are on set number 3 and looking at 4 for the seventh/eighth season. I don't know but something that started out looking good value is fast losing its appeal.
Cheers
PC
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Are we back to the Ektorp again? Paul, are your covers cream or beige? Mine are beige and although I've had to wash them a couple of times during the season, with a stain remover, all the stains came out no problem. I'm hoping that the two sets I have will last several seasons as they are not cheap! They don't iron very well either!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Yes, sorry Sussan we are talking Ektrop, As I have just been reminded by ma cherie, 6 months use by clients, 5 by us and 2 cats (RIP Trigger and Max :cry: ) per year, no wonder I suppose
Cheers
PC
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I would still have thought they'd last longer - did your cats use yours as a scratching post? Mine have ruined the cover of my armchair in this way. I'm sorry about Max and Trigger, and are you going to get another (cat not cover)?
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Max saw the whole house as a scratching post (me included )........Still miss the little shit though.

Being pet free for the first time in 12ish years has a lot of plus points. Our long term plan is to be totally sea based, so pets are not really fair for both party's...............but never say never.

Enid, so sorry to hijack your post, Sit back and enjoy your new space, and have a glass on us.
Cheers
PC
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Paul Carmel wrote:Max saw the whole house as a scratching post (me included )........Still miss the little shit though.

Being pet free for the first time in 12ish years has a lot of plus points. Our long term plan is to be totally sea based, so pets are not really fair for both party's...............but never say never.

Enid, so sorry to hijack your post, Sit back and enjoy your new space, and have a glass on us.
Well if you're going to be sea based you need to start training up a parrot then. :wink:
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Andy, just imagine the language it would use! :shock: :wink:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

We had a Italian guy moored near us in the summer, and he had a parrot, and the bloody thing had a habit of projectile pissing all over him, and his boat, so no tar!
Cheers
PC
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Paul Carmel wrote:We had a Italian guy moored near us in the summer, and he had a parrot, and the bloody thing had a habit of projectile pissing all over him, and his boat, so no tar!
:lol: :lol:
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

if you're going to be sea based you need to start training up a parrot then.
and chop a leg off. presumably..

and say ho,ho,ho and a bottle of rum[sounds like a one legged father Xmas with a drink problem] :wink: :roll: