DVD Camcorders

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Vally

DVD Camcorders

Post by Vally »

Can't find where to post this really , but I want to get one of these and am a real dummy technically, I need some input as to what to look for before the " know -it -all " techies in the shops try to bamboozle me. any help out there?????
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

The latest camcorders have a built-in hard-drive so no need to buy DVD discs to record on.

I would go for one of those.
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
paolo

Post by paolo »

I Google for online versions of magazines and they usually have some sort of rating of cameras in different price brackets. Then I look them up in Amazon and read reviews by people who have bought one to see if there is some recurring problem. Then I ignore all of that and buy Sony.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

paolo wrote:Then I ignore all of that and buy Sony.
:D :D :D I couldn't stop laughing when I read your post - that is exactly what my family do !!!
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
Vally

Post by Vally »

Well I am dafter than that ...which is why I am trying for help now ...I usually go straight to the shop and get sold rubbish by an enthusiastic youngster that knows ( or thinks he knows) everything about everything...not helped by my husband who knows nothing about anything technical .....saying well have the dearest its bound to be best!
firstgreen

Post by firstgreen »

I am also looking for a DVD camcorder so any pointers would be appreciated.

I had the idea of filming the views from our apartment and posting them on our website, but don't know if you need a certain type of camera/software to do this?

I decided on a Sony one, but the Amazon reviews put me off.

Ah well maybe I should talk to a salesperson but I usually drift off when they start getting all "techy".