Siret number compulsory for all?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Sandra

Siret number compulsory for all?

Post by Sandra »

I am reading elsewhere that a Siret number needs to be applied for even if your letting is NOT your main buisness . Has anyone a link please.
As things stand for many as long ask you declare the income and it's not your main income a Siret was not needed.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I haven't heard about any changes that would require everyone to have a SIRET number, where did you hear about it?
oasiscouple

Re: Siret number compulsory for all?

Post by oasiscouple »

Sandra wrote:I am reading elsewhere that a Siret number needs to be applied for even if your letting is NOT your main buisness . Has anyone a link please.
As things stand for many as long ask you declare the income and it's not your main income a Siret was not needed.
What you have read is not correct, you don't need a Siret number.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Jensen

Post by Jensen »

I have also heard this and unfortunately it is true !

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/part ... s-meublees
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

This doesn't apply to "meublés de tourisme". There are thousands upon thousands of owners in France running small holiday lettings who don't have a siret number, including me.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

oasiscouple wrote:This doesn't apply to "meublés de tourisme". There are thousands upon thousands of owners in France running small holiday lettings who don't have a siret number, including me.
There seems to be a "grey" area here as the document does mention "meubles de tourisme" as requiring a SIRET obtained from the fisc responsible for your location if the revenues are below €23000 per annum, otherwise you will need to register at the Chambre du Commerce. If you declare your revenue under the title "location de meubles de tourisme non-proffessionnelle" (section 5NG on CERFA 2042ck) then its likely you will get a SIRET allocated by the fisc.
Personally we dont have a SIRET, or a classification but still get the 71% abatement and have done so since 1997 - go figure!
What would Plato do ?
Jensen

Post by Jensen »

oasiscouple wrote:This doesn't apply to "meublés de tourisme". There are thousands upon thousands of owners in France running small holiday lettings who don't have a siret number, including me.
Sorry but it does ! We are in the same position as you !

It's new and I suppose aimed at people that rent their property and don't declare their income.Can't see how it will change anything as the same people won't apply for the siret N° !
Tournesol

Post by Tournesol »

How do you claim the 71% abattement?
What you've never had you never miss!
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Tournesol wrote:How do you claim the 71% abattement?
The fisc do it automatically on your tax return.
What would Plato do ?
Jensen

Post by Jensen »

bornintheuk wrote:
Tournesol wrote:How do you claim the 71% abattement?
The fisc do it automatically on your tax return.
Your very lucky then because they abolished our -71 % in 2015 unless we pay 180 euros to get GDF around to classifie us !
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

:)
What would Plato do ?
Morristhedog

Post by Morristhedog »

I have a siret and I am expected to pay cotisations on the renting of my own home of 22% of my earnings, and then of course impot as well.
So how come I do this and others don't?
I also have an S1 and so what I am paying buys nothing I don't have.
I was told this was what I had to do some years ago by the Chamber of Commerce, where I got the SIRET
A dreamer is one who can only find his way home by moonlight.
paolo

Post by paolo »

bornintheuk wrote: Personally we dont have a SIRET, or a classification but still get the 71% abatement and have done so since 1997 - go figure!
My understanding is that the abattement you claim on your tax declaration is up to you, but you do need to be classified to get 71%, so if you ever get a controle and cannot produce a classification certificate you will have to pay back what you owe for past years plus a penalty. Not really worth the risk considering the cost of being classified. Communes are also starting to make it more expensive in taxe de sejour if you are not classified.
Paolo
Lay My Hat