Strangest excuses ever...

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Gascony Goat wrote:Word has it that Spalding's improved considerably since you left Paul! :wink:
Trust me, if you have ever been to Spalding you would know just how much that is not true!! For anybody who reads the Terry Pratchett books, I am convinced this area is the basis for the Sto Lat plains; defining features, flatness and cabbages. And please insert your own joke about webbed feet here. :wink:

Ros, there are parts of the area I absolutely love, I am especially fond of the North Norfolk coast; well, obviously apart from Sunny Hunnie and Cromer, Sheringham is much nicer. :)

Peterborough itself is an interesting place, especially for a history buff like me - problem is most of the people living there are totally unaware of their surroundings, and don't know (or care) what they are missing. It also seems to be stuck thirty years in the past, especially when you look at the attitude towards 'race issues'; this is definitely going off topic, because there is no excuse for that!! :evil:
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Cromer, Sheringham is much nicer.
Lovely part of the world ,got friends in Sheringsham
As a child we always had Large family outings to Wells...cockling
The tide had to be watched though...Happy Memories...
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

GG,

Let's put this into prospective, Spalding's town councils motto was " Do you like sponge? Because we are not allowed anything sharp"

Get the drift...........
Cheers
PC
Stu

Post by Stu »

Syb grew up in Boston. Remembers The Stump well! say no more!
She also met Roald Dahl.
I've worked in Spalding, Bicker, Kings Lyn, and Diss to name but a few. More life in a tramps vest. Apparently.
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Stu & Syb wrote:Syb grew up in Boston. Remembers The Stump well! say no more!
She also met Roald Dahl.
I've worked in Spalding, Bicker, Kings Lyn, and Diss to name but a few. More life in a tramps vest. Apparently.
I we allowed to mention Kings Lynn and Diss in polite company?

Syb and I should swap Roald Dahl stories some time; a very clever man, but strange is not the word! Mind you, it's always a good name drop when people start talking about the Gene Wilder "Charlie & The Chocolate Factory" film; I can then let them know (casually, of course :wink: ) that Mr Dahl told me how much he hated what they did with that film, and that I should look out for an upcoming film adaptation of The Witches, which he much preferred!
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!