Strangest excuses ever...

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Big Sis..

Strangest excuses ever...

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All, :D

My Daughters having lots of work done on her house My husband is doing most of it
but for the tricky bits he relies on 'Arthur' Who is a great carpenter...but not a great timekeeper or even a great turnupatallkeeper...
Hes done lots of work for us over the years and has always done it well once you get him to turn up...
His favoured mode of Transport is his bike and hes travelled far and wide on it..sometimes with a large piece of 4x4 that is needed on the job.
This morning he turned up to tell us he wasnt turning up as he had an accident on his bike.....He was on the cycle path and was attacked by some escaping Semolina...from a nearby factory..this made the cyclepath uncylceable and he was well & trully scuppered or semolined....
My daughter who has no knowledge of Semolina as she had a sheltered upbringing said he fell on a pile if Semolina,
well with all the best will[or Arthur] in the world you couldnt make a pile of Semolina if your life[or Arthurs] depended on it.
Anyway Arthur has found his way down to the latest solicitors as hes not taking this lying down.... :wink: :lol:
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

I just love this 8) You just couldn't make it up could you?

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by LaLuz on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Tis True Im afraid... :roll:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

"Semolina"

A little tip. Dust some on your potatoes before you roast them. The results can be spectacularly crispy.

Fluffy
debk

Post by debk »

"Semolina"
I had to google it. :oops:
debk
enid

Post by enid »

Semolina and prunes - hated them at school. Now I live in the prune capital of France and love 'em. Semolina - the jury's still out :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Enid,
Same here Im afraid.
School put me right off semolina[even with the jam to flavour it] always reminded me of wallpaper paste.....and what about the rice with lumps we used to call frogspawn....Bananas and custard was another I hated and havent eaten a banana since.

The factory is called Pasta Foods and apparently it caused havoc that day, as the main road into Gt Yarmouth runs past it[and Arthurs cycle path]
hes even more annoyed as he had his BEST bike out that day :?: a Butler or something...[these sort of people always have a best bike and a normal bike]
I dont think the Semolina was actually mixed probably still in powder form....[not quite as funny visually].But the thought of it still makes me giggle..... :roll: :lol: :lol:

So after all the years Ive found the real purpose of Semolina...crispy roast spuds[thanks Alan,,can you get it in France?] and making me giggle..... :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

debk,
"Semolina"

I had to google it
Think yourself lucky you didnt have to eat it!!!!! :shock:

Maybe it ought to be on the menu at this feast your organising...could be a talking point..... :wink: :lol:
Giddy Goat

Re: Strangest excuses ever...

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ros wrote:Anyway Arthur has found his way down to the latest solicitors as hes not taking this lying down.... :wink:
Just imagine the scenario if this went to court. Could anyone keep a straight face as Arthur gave his evidence? Or could the magistrate in his summing up?! :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I saw that semolina story on the net. Apparently the firemen were trying to hose it away and it was turning into a big sticky pudding!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Italian Polenta is a bit like Semolina, it also makes a good coating for fish, and roast spuds.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks for that Soodyer, :wink: :D

Im sure that some of the Forum users think I make these things up but I dont think you could really.... :roll:
You have to laugh and it is good for lifting the spirits..I do most days but if youre on your own you get very strange looks....... :roll: :roll: .
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Wasn't that frogspawn stuff sago?

While we're on cooking tips, parmesan dusted onto potatoes (and, indeed, parsnips) also makes for crispy roasties, with that added something!
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

if youre on your own you get very strange looks.......
My husband works away most weekdays. I have my own little office at work where I just do 22.5 hours. I occasionally see work colleagues when they pop in for post etc but not loads. By about Wednesday I'm talking to people at bus stops!! That's probably why I talk so much junk on here!!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ros,
So after all the years Ive found the real purpose of Semolina...crispy roast spuds[thanks Alan,,can you get it in France?] and making me giggle.....
Yes, you can get it in France.

No, I can't think of any other use for it. It's not even any good for sticking up wallpaper - promise.

Fluffy