Waterproof mattress protectors and fly stains on towels

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Maryec

Waterproof mattress protectors and fly stains on towels

Post by Maryec »

Can anyone recommend a waterproof mattress protector for a superking zip and link bed? I have an Out of Eden one (superking) on the bed but it is slightly too narrow. Also, does anyone have any advice on removing fly stains from coloured towels? I am drying them on the line and I think they are attracting flies in the process. Vanish doesn't seem to make any difference.
CSE

Re: Waterproof mattress protectors and fly stains on towels

Post by CSE »

I personally would not recommend using anything that is plastic lined. they make too much noise. Makes for a "cheap" experience.
Use a Tencel or a terry-cloth one. I understand there are some which use organic based materials too.
I expect you can find something on the Jungle website or from a mattress supplier like Emma.
Cleaning stains try small amount of fresh lemon juice in water. Do not scrub hard. Sometimes leaving slat on the soaked stain will draw the marks out. However, I have to say I have never heard of flies leaving marks on towels before.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Martha

Re: Waterproof mattress protectors and fly stains on towels

Post by Martha »

I use IKEA mattress protectors and a washable topper over them, never any problems or complaints.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix