a wee bit cheeky

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
costa-brava

a wee bit cheeky

Post by costa-brava »

This is a wee bit cheeky and of self-interest. But I have given lots of helpful advice over the years and what I am offering is totally free. I have re-published a book I wrote some years ago and I'm trying to give it a kick start. The print version is a bit expensive since it is done by Amazon but the Kindle version is a lot cheaper. And even better is that I have set it to be free on the 28th and 29th of December and again on the 4th and 5th of January. So, if you're having TV buffering like we're currently getting it's a wee Christmas alternative. For anybody with Kindle Unlimited it is free every day till January 25. For others, if you take the free offer, you get time to read it.
It is available in Amazon Spain and UK but if you read it and want to do a review, please do it in the UK site because it is aimed at the UK market.
The name is Spirals of Truth by Robert Grieve Black. It doesn't fit easily into any genre. The story is fiction/faction tracing the story of a Glasgow crime reporter who gets caught up in the intrigue of the Ice Cream Wars and how it impacts his whole life. There is a small possibility you read it years ago as Jammy Dodgers. It got some really good reviews including one of five stars from a Glasgow police superintendant, There were also one or two not so good so I went back to the script, taking on board some of the comments. So during 2023 I spent hours adding commas, hyphens and other improvements and gave it a "stotter" of a climax. It twists and turns and loops through conflicting options of "the truth". If you take a look in Amazon, the first four chapters are available as a preview.
I need about 20 reviews to give it a kick past the post of Amazon's algorithms and on the last look it only had one from a guy who only read the preview.
It's a genuine offer. Hope some of you read it and like it. If you want to reply directly to me, please use the email contact rather than clutter the forum. If you have trouble finding the book just google Robert Grieve Black. I'm not really famous but my name is unique so I get the first page of entries in google.
Paolo, I hope you don't mind. We can take this post down if you do.