Myspace?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Paul Carmel

Myspace?

Post by Paul Carmel »

Has anyone thought of using this to promote there site/blog?
Cheers
PC
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I did (may still have?) a My Space (under an alias!) listing for a while as I knew others on there. I did get a high percentage of emails from young middle eastern males wanting to meet and marry me!

You get lots of contacts from folk just wanting to push their unsigned bands too and asking for an "add" to your friends.

Still, it doesn't block your main email address up so I'd be interested too if anyone has used it for marketing other than music.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

PC

How does that frisky meerkat help flog your site/blog? I'm happy to try anything but....

MountainG
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

I was just asking if anyone else had given it a shot...........
Cheers
PC
paolo

Post by paolo »

I thought about it very briefly but I would think there is zero correlation between Myspace users and my target market.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Point's taken. They have a classified section........would that be seen in the eyes of Google etc as a good or bad link?
Cheers
PC
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Paolo wrote:I thought about it very briefly but I would think there is zero correlation between Myspace users and my target market.
I second that.
Paul wrote:....would that be seen in the eyes of Google etc as a good or bad link?
I've wondered that too. MySpace is certainly a legitimate site, but as Sue mentioned, it doesn't exactly have purely legitimate users. I have a personal page with almost no personal information, various settings to keep just anyone from seeing my page, and I still get the occasional "hello I am hot male from Brazil want to friends be?" request.

Which just reinforces Paolo's idea...
Brooke
A-two

Post by A-two »

I registered my trading name@ myspace a while ago, thinking about exploring possibilities to see what I could do with it. Not a lot I soon found out, so it's parked there doing nothing. Net gain = noone else can masquerade as me on my space, but that's about it right now. It's probably the same for you tube, but maybe worth parking the name at all of these places as a defensive measure to protect branding.
Topcat

My space

Post by Topcat »

I still get the occasional "hello I am hot male from Brazil want to friends be?" request.
Wow, did you keep his address??

Pauline
riovino

Post by riovino »

Myspace is a great website...if you want to learn what type of fun your neighborhood kids are havng :-)

I believe the vast majority of Myspace regulars are between 17 - 25 years old. If ever I realize my dream of building an indestructible party palace I wil definitely post to Myspace. Until then, maybe not so much.

- Matt
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

I also took a look, and didn't think it was for me.

But, I think Wikipedia may be a better bet ?

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com