Scroll bars - white on white

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
thisfrenchlife

Scroll bars - white on white

Post by thisfrenchlife »

Hi

Just wondered if it's possible to change the colour of the scroll bars on the site as they are white on white and a touch difficult to find when dragging through a list of messages.

I know the up and down arrows are red, but they are a little difficult to track down as well.

Regards

Craig
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Craig,

I know the scroll bars are not ideal - they are not quite white on white, more a shade of white on white! The trouble is that with the phpBB software this forum uses you don't get control of each individual element. Some elements are grouped together in terms of colour, and the scroll bar must be the same colour as some of the backgrounds. If I make it darker, it will be harder to read the text and make it too grey for my liking. But I will have a tinker and see if it can go a little darker.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

A mouse with a wheel is idea for scroll bars, you don't really have to see them to "grab them" - helps a lot with RSI too if you use the computer a lot. I know it might be excessive for one site but I couldn't do without my wheely mouse!!

(I looked at Health & Safety at work tips to help a colleague who did a lot of data entry and was getting cramps)
paolo

Post by paolo »

If you haven't got a mouse with a wheel, get one! They are very cheap and the best innovation since sliced bread. No more fiddly scrolling.

Also, if you have got a wheely mouse, you can change the text size of a page by holding dwn the Ctrl key and turning the wheel (if the site allows you to alter the text size). I love this shortcut. Simple things, simple minds...
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

sorry for being off topic but tips like that are really useful Paolo. Pressing F11 and going full screen is an effective one too! Oh, another is windows key and E opens up explorer :)

I used a computer with Windows 3.1 and no mouse therefore I remember and use a lot of keyboard shortcuts.

If you use the computer a lot, especially for word processing or data entry it really is worth looking up some of these tips - It did help my colleague a lot. I also did a work station assessment for her and got her a monitor stand, foot rest (and here's me at home with my legs up on the chair and giving myself backache with my laptop!!)
thisfrenchlife

Post by thisfrenchlife »

Hi Paolo

Many thanks.

I can see clearly now etc... :D

Regards

Craig
paolo

Post by paolo »

And my thanks to Tony (livinginitaly) for the fix!
Paolo
Lay My Hat