Late Balance

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Don't take my comments the wrong way, but I would be unhappy to accept credit card details in advance from anyone I didn't know. If the guest does it themselves, and we are not involved in the process at all, we are less open to accusations of fraud etc.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Helen, :D

Thats a GOOD point especially in this Day & Age...
If someone had unlawfully got the details from another source and managed to get some money from the account...could look like you were involved...
Isnt it a shame that weve had to become so wary though..... :roll:

I dont tell Paula who looks after the houses the safe no .

For HER sake...not that I dont trust her but if somehow the safe was opened she couldnt be suspected.......
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have a bad feeling about the next balance due for my place. Not due until Sunday, but she's emailed me twice asking when it should be paid by, despite the information being clear in both her booking information, and her final invoice.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Sounds simply scatty to me Helen - if there was any other agenda, she wouldn't have emailed you twice about it - I suspect it's the ones you don't hear from that are the most worrying... so fingers crossed, and let us know.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I agree with GG Helen....perhaps she's a bit flustered - could you give her a ring?
I will definately be taking that action this coming year if anyone gets behind on payments. I think its quite easy to hide behind emails (& put them to the back of a flustered mind!)...not so easy when you're speaking over the phone. Plus you can get an idea of her from how she sounds & what she says?

good luck - I know how it can be a niggling worry at the back of your mind until its sorted out.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

You're probably both right. If I don't receive the payment by Sunday, I will have to ring her, as I won't have any guaranteed internet access from Boxing Day, and won't know if she's paid or not. She got a small discount out of me too, that she wasn't really entitled to.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

HelenB wrote: She got a small discount out of me too, that she wasn't really entitled to.
Rrrrr - that's annoying!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

squeeek! (thats a little mousy growl) .... that is a bit gauling Helen. If she has the benefit of that, she really shouldn't be messing about....however thats people for you.
I'd ring her now - if only to put your mind at ease and settle it for once (and perhaps remind her that with the discount she has received your lower profit margin cannot be further eroded by time wasted chasing up payments :) )

Mouse (who is currently in the middle of a very festive thunder storm!)
x
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

By the way GG.........just love your 'goat of christmas present' signature :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mouse (who's not sure of the technical term for that line that appears under the bottom of names)
x
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:D Thanks Mousie! X

I don't know either!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Everything is fine, she paid this evening after I emailed her earlier in the day, probably just not had time. It's a bit of a problem actually, our payment dates for the peak ski holiday weeks coincide with Christmas and New Year, the rest have all paid early though, I suppose so they didn't forget or spend the money.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Sorry guys, just a quick aside:

GG - The goat of Christmas present

GG:

What's your secret? Where d'you get these goatie gems from?

Must be the diet, I 'spose.....
enid

Post by enid »

By the way GG.........just love your 'goat of christmas present' signature
Ooo er - didn't spot that - trés drôle :D :D :D

Helen - glad you're sorted :D
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thanks Enid, with the reports of poor snow in all the English papers, many people are choosing to cancel , although no=one has cancelled at my place yet. We actually have reasonable snow above 1800m , so it isn't too bad. She didn't actually pay late, but I may think about changing the balance due dates in future years,so that I'm not having to chase up peak time payments so close to Christmas. Bookings for March tend to be more last-minute anyway, so it won't matter so much.
enid

Post by enid »

I had final payment 4 weeks before arrival but I have changed it to 8 weeks before arrival for this year following discussion on LMH.

I have never been skiing (is that the correct spelling?) but I do fancy a holiday in the snow so I may be booking chez vous if I can persuade the old man. How can I convince him? :D