Section for cancellations/hols wanted/late availability etc?

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
DivineMrsM

Section for cancellations/hols wanted/late availability etc?

Post by DivineMrsM »

Hi Paolo,

Would it be possible to have a section within the forum where owners can post when they have cancellations or late availability at their properties? Also maybe one for owners looking for a specific type of rental (such as the recent one looking for a property with good disabled access).

I've just posted something in the Cafe as we have a cancellation for two weeks in June but it occurred to me that it would be useful to have a particular place in which to put such a post.

Thanks,
Lynne
Lynne
for Metropolitan Retreat in London https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6712284
and
Le Cheval Blanc in France https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6714302
paolo

Post by paolo »

We could but it will be seen by other owners rather than rental-seekers, so it's unlikely you would get any takers from this forum. But if you (or others) think it's a section worth having I will add it - let me know.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

There's cetainly been other properties I've looked at and would consider if I was going to that part of the world so I'd be for it.

As someone who is generally sold on hotels I stopped and thought when (I think it was John?) asked why was I staying in a dodgy hotel in Malta when there were lots of lovely rental properties there. :)

On a similar theme to renting to other renters hasn't the idea of house swaps arisen before? Not sure if that made a brief appearance at one time.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Yes, house swaps is in my 'in tray' of ideas to develop. I'd like to have a better ordered interface than the forum would allow, i.e. just a string of posts. But that would be a start wouldn't it, so maybe we'll do that.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I like the swapping idea... a late-availability type section could also get flooded with ads from first-time posters, which may or may not be a good thing. But a swap section seems less likely to have something like that happen.

Certainly something on that theme would be useful -- I figure that if I'm ever going to stay in the areas covered by people on this forum, I'd rather give my business to someone I know from here than a complete stranger!
Brooke