What period do you get most bookings

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
ginelli

Post by ginelli »

My HL and OD accounts have been active for over a week now. Getting a dozen or so hits per day but no enquiries yet :(
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Be patient Gino - it's only been a week, and remember, you're appealing to a particular market. Good luck and keep us posted. Fingers crossed. I might consider adding a third listing site to your portfolio, given that this is a new venture - most of us advertise on more than two sites - at least initially, I get the impression. I think I will end up with three sites, and that's after 2 seasons of trial and error. I have just opened up a new topic on the subject, in order to confirm what others are doing in this respect.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All[espec GG :wink: ]

Had a REALLY manic day yesterday.....
with 5 good enquiries 3 that have booked a 2 more seem definite.... :shock:
Im pretty chuffed especially as the peak times have gone....
I was on the house phone in the kitchen yesterday evening chatting to one chap whose now booked and another phoned my mobile and hes now booked......[of course until I see the colour of theyre money theyre still in pencil..and as Fluffy says they all have erasers on the end.....]

One is for next Tuesday 9th so that was a bonus[good job I always leave a spare set of keys with Paula in Spain]

What was really weird is that the people who are theyre leave on the 9th and a 6 week enquiry I had the day before[not confirmed yet] wants to go on the 13th....
And this booking is for the...9th-13th so how good is that[doesnt often work out that conveniently] :wink: :)

Booking this time of the year are always a bonus and of course you dont get a great deal but it all helps.......

Ive posted on GG other listing about how many sites and I do pay for a load but youve got to give it a go........

One thing Id like to mention is that yesterday I was out of the house most of the day Housesitting for my daughter...and most of these came through my mobile initially[none had emailed first]...
I dont know if everybody includes there phone nos and mobiles on theyre listings but I would recommend it...
Especially with the amount of competition especially in my area a lot of these might not have booked if they hadnt been able to contact me straightaway....just a thought... :roll:

Of course I still do all the bookings and details on the email as you always have a record then...

but I have found that a lot ring first....and if they cant get you they might move on.....
brenda

Post by brenda »

Have just reduced my prices so, fingers crossed, maybe will now get some enquiries. MANY hits on our Owners Direct and Homelidays ads since New Year but no enquiries. Know I´m being silly but lack of interest is getting me down.

Have just had one enquiry from a local Estate Agents for 3 nights from Sunday but will have to wait and see if anything comes of it - only 90 Euros for the 3 nights if they do book but better than nothing.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Just a thought on the hits thing...one of the excercises I do occasionally is check the calendars of similar properties to ourselves to see who has taken bookings & how many.
If they were booking up long before me I'd start thinking why.
I'm on a website (OD) so its easy for me - but if you're not then you could take a look at the more popular ones for your areas properties.

It gives a useful guide.
But one tip is that if the properties are owned by people who also use them as a holiday home - they tend to book out the weeks they'll be using it v.early.

I know for example that we tend to book earlier than the others (good location & reasonably priced) but they do catch up!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Hmm, very few enquiries these last few months. I'm not too concerned yet as the majority of 2006 bookings were made in February and March. Autumn months were popular not until July & August. Most of our vacationers so far have been Canadians and Americans.. maybe they wait a little longer to book. Would like to see a wee enquiry or two though.. :roll:
ginelli

Post by ginelli »

Thanks GG. I'm planning on trying another couple of sites. I was thinking of Tourist Paradise (to tap into German market for Turkey, free) and VRBO for France and for those Americans with their Southern France dreams.

Got my first enquiry today by the way. Felt chuffed!! A couple from Australia (!) who want to rent the house in Turkey and use it as a base for the Lycian Way walk they want to do. Goes to show what internet advertising is capable of. My leaflets I passed around last year barely got out of my hometown!!!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

That's brilliant Gino! I'm an Aussie BTW .... I have my first set of Aussie visitors coming in Sept - for the rugby finals.

Despite the internet, all bar a French family who visited last year have been from the UK up until now - the sites I use are all UK based, but strictly speaking that shouldn't make a difference. Anyway, keep up the good work and let us have another progress report at some stage soon! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
brenda

Post by brenda »

Hallelulia! After a complete drought 2 enquiries in the last half hour!! 1 from Owners Direct, 1 from Perfect Places.

Probably won´t come to anything but at least someone has seen we are here.

Has cheered me up anyway.
gh

Post by gh »

Thats great Brenda, hope you get them converted. :D
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Good for you Brenda :D Maybe our drought will end soon, just checked our OD stats, 295 hits and 231 unique sessions since mid October, resulting in 2 enquiries in first week and NOTHING since. I wonder if this is some kind of record :shock:

Mind you, 72 hits in December, compared to 34 in the 7 days of Jan so far suggests people are looking more in earnest now.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I got two bookings for March through my online calendar while I was away. It has really proved its worth this week, as I waqs unable to access the internet except using my mobile (expensive).
brenda

Post by brenda »

Another enquiry from Perfect Places overnight.

Am I being cynical; nothing for months then 2 - both very vaguely worded - a few days before the ad is due for renewal???
Ju

Post by Ju »

Things are definately moving again. I'm sending out two booking forms today, and whilst I was doing them a thrid enquiry came in.

I am especially pleased as one of them is a personal recommendation.

Ju
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Yes, this weekend several enquiries and a couple of bookings - always a relief after a quietish December!