Website re-fit review please?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Jane,
It's stunning, really good job, I'm totally envious. The thumbnails work fine, I checked most. Now, I'm going to nitpick.... On the page called "Inside", there's no bedroom photo. I know there's one on the home page, which is good, but that's the only bedroom shot until you get to the Bookings page. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I don't think anyone is going to get as far as the bookings page unless they are already sold on the property, so I think you need a bedroom photo on the "Inside" page if you can squeeze it in. Also, I would lose the last photo on the Bookings page. I guess it's a bathroom, but it's not up to the standard of the other photos (which are excellent by the way) and you really don't need that photo. To be honest, I don't think people want to see someone else's hairbrush - if you have another shot without all the personal stuff and can warm it up a bit, (take out the blues), that might work, but it looks a little cold to me.

Otherwise, perfect!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thank you Deb, and thank you Joanna. There is a pic of a bedroom on the Inside page, but it's true, it's not that obvious and I hadn't realised - it's the one with the small table and chairs; the blue and white check is the bedspread. The bathroom pic was the only one that we used of those taken when the vendors were still in res., and I completely agree. I hadn't got around to re-taking it. :oops: There's one of the family bathrooom which is better, so we'll stick it in instead : might as well show what a typical bathroom looks like somewhere. Very helpful comments.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Gus

Post by Gus »

A masterclass in how to do a website. Congratulations.
mario

Post by mario »

Great website,looks neat and very easy on the eye,nice choice of colours.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Wow - I'm overwhelmed. Am sure Richard will be too. Thanks guys.
Ju

Post by Ju »

I really like it! I can't find any thing to critisise at all (not like me!)

Ju
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Thanks to everyone for taking so much time to review GasconyMagic and many thanks for all the praise as well. Please be assured that this is shared between us and we appreciate it.

I am particularly pleased with the lack of problems noted, which means I can now take a rest and enjoy the Christmas break. Hope y'all have a great Christmas, and a fully booked new year.

Richard
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks Ju - that's high praise indeed. Much appreciated, as (Sir) Richard says - and also as Richard says, no-one has come up with any technical problems, which is great. A little bird has whispered that there are some typos, so I will need to revisit the text at some point over the hols.

There may be other comments pending, but meanwhile, again echoing Richard, thank you, LMH, for the encouragement, and 'hope y'all have a great Christmas, and a fully booked new year.' :D I'm heading for the fridge now. Cheers!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Great Website Gascony...Well Done...& Richard... :wink: :lol:

Now get out of the fridge its not Xmas yet........ :roll: :lol: .
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ros wrote: its not Xmas yet........ :roll: :lol: .
Is that what you said to the chiddlers at nursery school Ros when Santa came - twice - when was it....?? week before last or so??? :wink: :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Ah... But youve got to think of your figure Jane....
those Lycra Ski Suits are a bu**er to get into..... :wink: :roll:

Ive been thinking of Susan again
Im a bit worried as Ive got a small oblongish birthmark and My Mum said it was cos she had a craving for chips......
so what might happen with the mince pies :roll: :lol:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Opening the Au Chicot website is like opening a box of the best chocolates - so full of delicious possibilities that I want to dive in immediately and indulge. As soon as I arrive, do I jump in the pool, pop to Mouchon for the bread and cheese or slide gently into the shade under the trees with a glass of chilled white and the latest Nelson deMille.

This classy website oozes calm professionalism. All you need to do is wrap yourself in Au Chicot's warm blanket and let somebody else make the decisions and take the strain for a couple of weeks. Bliss. Congatulations to Jane and Richard for a first-class product - the upgraded site is a distinct improvement on the old IMO.

The only cracknel in the box for me is the picture at the top of the Gers page. Nice shot but lacks density and contrast.

Jim

PS: Mine's the coffee cream SVP.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well GG :lol:

This says it all......

[quoteOpening the Au Chicot website is like opening a box of the best chocolates - so full of delicious possibilities that I want to dive in immediately and indulge. As soon as I arrive, do I jump in the pool, pop to Mouchon for the bread and cheese or slide gently into the shade under the trees with a glass of chilled white and the latest Nelson deMille.
][/quote]

What a compliment...... :wink:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ros, my cheeks are hurting after such fantastic feedback. Thank you Jimbo so much! Wait until Richard sees this. Phewwww! Lost for words. Truly. X
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thank you Jimbo so much! Wait until Richard sees this. Phewwww! Lost for words. Truly. X
Well Jimbo certainly wasnt :roll: ,

how eloquently he writes. I was there for a moment....

If I were you Id book him in pronto...

think what a contribution he could make to your guests comments book....priceless :wink: :roll: :lol: